My 2016 Mojave Sand JKUR

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Did you build that high lift mount? I really like it. What thickness is the material used. Love all your colormatching btw.

I wish I could build stuff like that. I wouldn't have to buy anything anymore. :) It's made by Teraflex for their reinforced tailgate hinge.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Very nicely done Sir! :beer:
Grenadeacorpe is owned by one of the members here.
He had a thread on this when he was doing the prototype.
Always thought this is a very cool storage option.
Will look forward to seeing your cover mod.

rubicon91

Explorer
Give me the height of the highest part of one of those racks, and I'll take a pic with it folded down at that height. That way you can see if its something that would work for you.

If I remember correctly it will not work with the back cargo racks. I reached out to Grenadeacorpe when they first came out and it will hit the rack I believe in the rear when opening it.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
If I remember correctly it will not work with the back cargo racks. I reached out to Grenadeacorpe when they first came out and it will hit the rack I believe in the rear when opening it.

It does, but it's open enough to access contents. I've tried it at different heights and except for when the opening was too small, it was doable. The way it is now, I personally think it opens way too much. I've been thinking of finding a way to keep it more closed, but can't seem to come up with something that doesn't stay in the way after it is closed.

rubicon91

Explorer
It does, but it's open enough to access contents. I've tried it at different heights and except for when the opening was too small, it was doable. The way it is now, I personally think it opens way too much. I've been thinking of finding a way to keep it more closed, but can't seem to come up with something that doesn't stay in the way after it is closed.

I wondered about that. It does have a large opening. I would be curious to see what it looks like with one of those TF or AT racks installed over a 50qt to see what the opening space looks like. I know you are not going to have a fridge from prior posts. Maybe I will go and google or see if they have any pics themselves of what I am talking about. Great build and love getting the email updates about your thread.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
I wondered about that. It does have a large opening. I would be curious to see what it looks like with one of those TF or AT racks installed over a 50qt to see what the opening space looks like. I know you are not going to have a fridge from prior posts. Maybe I will go and google or see if they have any pics themselves of what I am talking about. Great build and love getting the email updates about your thread.

Thanks. Like I said before, if somebody with a fridge and a shelf gives me the measurement of the highest point, I can take a pic of it in that position. This would give them a clear idea of how it would end. Granted that if somebody out there already has the exact setup, you would get even better feedback.

rubicon91

Explorer
Thanks. Like I said before, if somebody with a fridge and a shelf gives me the measurement of the highest point, I can take a pic of it in that position. This would give them a clear idea of how it would end. Granted that if somebody out there already has the exact setup, you would get even better feedback.

Since I have both in my Jeep currently I went out really fast to measure. So from the top bar of the cargo rack to the hard top is only 8 inches of opening in the rear. I have seen the top bar removed on the TF one and would possibly do that. From the inside of the shelf to the top of the hardtop was 17 inches. I dont know if that 8 inches of room to pull something out would work with it.

Attachments

• 20170304_151130_resized.jpg
    20170304_151130_resized.jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 55

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Since I have both in my Jeep currently I went out really fast to measure. So from the top bar of the cargo rack to the hard top is only 8 inches of opening in the rear. I have seen the top bar removed on the TF one and would possibly do that. From the inside of the shelf to the top of the hardtop was 17 inches. I dont know if that 8 inches of room to pull something out would work with it.

I'll try it later when I get home. Can you also measure how far out that top bar comes out? Basically measure how close the top bar is to the opening. That's because makes a huge difference in where on the box it will come to rest. The further back it is, the more it will open. Makes sense?

rubicon91

Explorer
I'll try it later when I get home. Can you also measure how far out that top bar comes out? Basically measure how close the top bar is to the opening. That's because makes a huge difference in where on the box it will come to rest. The further back it is, the more it will open. Makes sense?

No rush on my side at all. Here is what I think you are asking for. It is almost to the rear window of the Jeep.

Attachments

• 20170424_092752_resized.jpg
    20170424_092752_resized.jpg
    527.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 20170424_092834_resized.jpg
    20170424_092834_resized.jpg
    541.8 KB · Views: 47

TTEPHOTOS

Organizer

I wanna squeeze my fridge under an AT rack and store stuff up in the grenada that doesn't need access most of the time. Extra storage and if I need into it I can take whatever items are on the rack off and flip it down. This is killer news, was also concerned that they would both mount to similar locations so I am also glad to hear that is not the case!

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Due to Photobucket's **** up, this build thread will be dead till further notice. Sorry for the inconvenience.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
D7E73D95-82EB-4DC3-8539-086F8F7CE943.jpg

Seems like the Photobucket nonsense may be over. Can you please let me know if you can see this pic? BTW I had my roof color matched in a flat Mojave Sand. Something I've been wanting to do for some time now. Love it!!! Will make for much cooler summers.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
D7E73D95-82EB-4DC3-8539-086F8F7CE943.jpg

Seems like the Photobucket nonsense may be over. Can you please let me know if you can see this pic? BTW I had my roof color matched in a flat Mojave Sand. Something I've been wanting to do for some time now. Love it!!! Will make for much cooler summers.

Can't see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles