Dual Battery Help 1999 Ford F150 XLT

EddieK82

Hello,

I'm not an electrician and I know almost nothing about this kind of thing but I love camping and for health reasons I need to have extra battery power to run a refrigerator and a nebulizer while camping. I've tried to follow these threads as much as I could but I have some questions regarding my preferred setup.

My Rig: 1999 Ford F150 XLT V6 4.2

What I would like:

1. Two extra batteries which can be used to start the truck if need be.
2. Solar Panel which can be unmounted easily and stored in back of the truck. I would like to mount it to the cap.
3. Four to 6 regular wall outlets to plug things into. (Fridge, Breathing Machine, Lights, Etc)

Questions:

1. Exactly what parts would I need to accomplish all of these things?
- I know I would need 2 batteries, but what ones would be best for a decent price?
- How big of a solar panel, and what other items would I need to connect it all?
2. What is the optimal place to mount the extra batteries?

Here is my truck and setup for camping so far:

IMG_3692.JPG

I would like to have the electrical outlets mounted in the side of the storage bays.

EddieK82

You might look at the 'Expo-Famous $50 dual battery topic. Like many topics here at 'Expo, its somewhat cluttered with crap. But contains alot of good info for beginners. At least learn enough to ask better questions.

Also please clarify "regular wall outlets".. like at your house ??
If so, its easily enough done, just be aware it can require a good deal of battery capacity.

Yes, I would like to have outlets just as I do in my house.

EddieK82

Is there any way to avoid the perfect switch dual rectifier battery isolator? $600 is kind of steep for me.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
I like dual and triple batteries, but a simpler solution for OP might be a small, quiet inverter generator, such as the Yamaha or Honda 2000. Does not take much more space than a pair of extra batteries, and weighs less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles