Front Dome Light LED Issue

Jerry Ward

Adventurer
After a little online research prior to purchase, I attempted to replace the factory front dome lights with LEDs in my 2014 JKU. Per their website, I ordered a pair of #194 non-CAN Bus bulbs from superbrightleds.com. They went in no sweat, but flash like a strobe when turned on via the push button for each light. However, when the door is open and/or the engine is running all works as it should. I know the rear dome bulb needs to be CAN Bus, but should the fronts be as well? I couldn't find anything definitive anywhere. Thanks in advance...Jerry

Last edited:

Jerry Ward

Adventurer
They've already closed for the day. I plan to call them tomorrow morning. I was able to find a couple of other folks over at another Jeep-based forum that had the same thing happen. Posts are several years old and they never followed up with the solution, so I'm not sure what they found out.

Jerry Ward

Adventurer
Problem solved. I talked to the folks at superbrightleds.com and they set it straight. Contrary to the info I found online previously, the front dome lights also need to be CAN Bus type. So after a quick return/replace, they are now equipped with LED's as well.

Just in case anyone is interested, part numbers of the bulbs I used were:

-Fronts: 194-x5-CBT-CAR in natural white
-Rear: 4410-x8-CBT-CAR in natural white

Glad I did it! Not only are the lights much brighter, I also learned a bit more about my rig. Take care...Jerry

@Jerry Glad SuperBrightLEDs was able to offer support.. :wings: they've always been there for us and haven't steered us wrong glad it worked out.

HAFICON

Adventurer
Thanks I have had the same problem.. just been dealing with it for a few years.. asked and no one knew so I was thinking my Jeep was Bat **** crazy..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94