Heart of Adventure: Wandering in a Jeep

venture4wd

Supporting Sponsor
That last video was the best yet. Editing and content were really well done. Captivating, creative and unique. Thank you. Keep on going!

Thanks, William. I'm glad you're enjoying the videos! I'll keep 'em coming.

Another nice update! Chris, do you have your route planned out or are you planning as you go? I'd highly recommend spending time in Utah and Colorado if your schedule permits. Bryce Canyon, Zion, Canyonlands, and Arches national parks are all spectacular. Equally amazing are all of the mountain passes that make up the Alpine Loop and the area around Ouray - Hurricane Pass, Silverton, etc. Will you be attend expo west?

Dave,

Thanks! I'm planning as I go. With a few exceptions, I don't plan more than a week ahead. I sit down at a coffee shop, do my work, and after I've logged some billable hours, I spend some time looking at maps to figure out where I'm going to go next. I am currently in Marble Falls, Texas, for no reason whatsoever.

Thank you for the suggestions! I will definitely spend some time at those locations, and I do plan to attend Expo West!

venture4wd

Supporting Sponsor
As an aspiring professional adventurer and new van-lifer, I'm constantly brainstorming ways to sustain my mobile lifestyle. So I've decided to give a Patreon a try, which is an online service that crowd-sources funding for artists and content creators. I've begun aggressively recording tracks and waypoints on my GPS, and I'm going to offer that data for a reasonable monthly fee to my supporters via Patreon.

This is living-breathing data, that is going to be updated on a weekly basis, so I expect it to accumulate very quickly. I've already logged two-dozen camping waypoints complete with annotations, so I hope that I can help provide overland adventurers seek out routes and camping locations that they might find fun and desirable!

https://www.patreon.com/venture4wd

SnoViking

Adventurer
As an aspiring professional adventurer and new van-lifer, I'm constantly brainstorming ways to sustain my mobile lifestyle. So I've decided to give a Patreon a try, which is an online service that crowd-sources funding for artists and content creators. I've begun aggressively recording tracks and waypoints on my GPS, and I'm going to offer that data for a reasonable monthly fee to my supporters via Patreon.

This is living-breathing data, that is going to be updated on a weekly basis, so I expect it to accumulate very quickly. I've already logged two-dozen camping waypoints complete with annotations, so I hope that I can help provide overland adventurers seek out routes and camping locations that they might find fun and desirable!

https://www.patreon.com/venture4wd

This is a good idea. A lot of times it's nice to have a few "safe-bets" for camping while exploring new areas. I'm the type of person who likes his adventures (and mis-adventures) planned out. :D

Keep up the good work and keep adventuring on!

(Plus, I like Patreon because I can "back" the people who have similar ideas/interests)

*Pledged*

venture4wd

Supporting Sponsor
Your style is very relatable, hilarous straight-faced honesty. Subscribed!

Thank you! I'm glad you dig it. It's all very raw, very candid, and fairly intimate. Like if I was crying and hugging my pillow for some reason, I might not show that. However, I do try to convey both the good and the bad.

Stoked

Observer
Jason and his wife are good people. I've had the privilege of knowing them for almost 10 years myself (we belong to the same Jeep club).

Keep up the good work! I'm enjoying following along!

Last edited:

rubicon91

Explorer
I have to say I love getting the update by email on Friday as I know there is a new video to watch. About to watch but makes my Friday at work so much nicer. Thanks for being spot on each week Chris with your new videos. Keep em coming!!!!

venture4wd

Supporting Sponsor
Jason and his wife are good people. I've had the privilege of knowing them for almost 10 years myself (we belong to the same Jeep club).

Keep up the good work! I'm enjoying following along!

Thanks! The Wests are indeed awesome people! Jason and I have been online-friends since around 98, and have been chatting regularly ever since. It was almost surreal to finally meet him in person, let alone turn wrenches together!

Lift kit looks **************! Cant wait to see the new tires on there!

Thanks! I'm glad you dig it! It totally transformed the Jeep in terms of capability and personality. The new tires are on! 315/70R17C BFG KO2, and I'm super-psyched to hit some technical terrain. :)

venture4wd

Supporting Sponsor
I have to say I love getting the update by email on Friday as I know there is a new video to watch. About to watch but makes my Friday at work so much nicer. Thanks for being spot on each week Chris with your new videos. Keep em coming!!!!

Thanks! I owe my timeliness all to Starbucks. I've tried uploading 2-3 gig videos from small, privately-owned coffee shops, and it takes 8 hours and brings their internal network to its knees. (I'm SO sorry, coffee shops.) However, Starbucks consistently has fat pipes, so I can push the videos up in around an hour, give-or-take.

Not that I wouldn't prefer to patronize a small business. :)

I'm glad you're enjoying!

daveh

Adventurer
Chris, 3 days since your standard weekly update? Should we send out a search party? Hope all is well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles