Heart of Adventure: Wandering in a Jeep

venture4wd

Supporting Sponsor
This isn't a romantic story about wanderlust and van-life. Perhaps it will become one, but that remains to be seen. In March, 2017, I set off in my Jeep to take a shot at a mobile lifestyle. I'm sustaining myself as an independent contractor for web development, photography, and content creation. If all goes well, this could be a life-changing journey. If not, I'll fail embarrassingly, and return to the status quo.

Either way, it will be an adventure. I invite you to follow along.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzRkxmVeTP_29MMtEzPF4KQ

checkmate

I've been following on instagram, just subscribed to your youtube. Love your travels so far. I just bought a JKU and up to do some limited exploring myself. I'm blessed to be in the Shenandoah mountains

daveh

Adventurer
Nice job Chris. I have to say I'm not one to watch videos on YouTube or forums but I'm already interested to see what you will post next. Your honesty and genuine personality are clearly portrayed and while we'd all love to have a lift, winch, and the coolest gear it's great to see someone exploring solo in a basically stock, minus the J30, JKUR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

venture4wd

Supporting Sponsor
Good luck and enjoy the trip. Look forward to updates.

Awesome Chris! I follow you on IG. Keep it up and safe travels.

I've been following on instagram, just subscribed to your youtube. Love your travels so far. I just bought a JKU and up to do some limited exploring myself. I'm blessed to be in the Shenandoah mountains

Nice job Chris. I have to say I'm not one to watch videos on YouTube or forums but I'm already interested to see what you will post next. Your honesty and genuine personality are clearly portrayed and while we'd all love to have a lift, winch, and the coolest gear it's great to see someone exploring solo in a basically stock, minus the J30, JKUR.

Thanks everyone! I've been on the road for a month now and it's been amazing.

Money has been an anxiety, but I've been logging ample billable hours, so I should be able to continue to sustain this journey - barring the unforeseen. However, unforeseen challenges are no reason to give up.

Every place I go, I've never been before, and no matter where that is, my heart feels full experiencing it for the very first time. Leaving home without immediate plans to return has been profoundly life-changing and worthwhile from the very moment I stepped out my front door. If you have the chance to experience this, do it. You won't have all of the answers when you set off, but chances are, you'll find them along the way.

I post videos weekly, but I try to post to Instagram at every opportunity, so that is the best way to follow my travels:

https://www.instagram.com/venture4wd/

venture4wd

Supporting Sponsor
Nice. How do you like your camper top?

I love it. In fact, it was a key part of the inspiration for this adventure. When I purchased it, I expected that the advantages over a rooftop tent would amount to little more than a novelty. However, I feel it vastly transformed the Jeep into more of a home-on-wheels.

• I have an upstairs and downstairs.
  • I can heat the tent area easily if need be.
  • It's extremely easy to deploy and stow.
  • I can carry gear on the roof.
  • The tent area is powered with lighting and USB.
  • Most importantly, the amount of time I need to spend outside of the Jeep is minimal. I can lock myself in there at night and feel reasonably safe. I don't absolutely need to exit the Jeep if I need to drive away from a location in an emergency. This adds a considerable amount of peace-of-mind.

McBride

Adventurer
Christopher,

That last video was the best yet. Editing and content were really well done. Captivating, creative and unique. Thank you. Keep on going!

William

daveh

Adventurer
Another nice update! Chris, do you have your route planned out or are you planning as you go? I'd highly recommend spending time in Utah and Colorado if your schedule permits. Bryce Canyon, Zion, Canyonlands, and Arches national parks are all spectacular. Equally amazing are all of the mountain passes that make up the Alpine Loop and the area around Ouray - Hurricane Pass, Silverton, etc. Will you be attend expo west?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles