Thread: Trucky McTruckface - Overland Adventure Truck

Default Looking Good

Very nice work. Did you get both the windows and the door from TC? Are you installing any other major penetrations in the sides or roof?
    I was hoping to get over there to play with the assembly, but spent my weekend under the house, doing new ductwork. You and your crew were having big fun compared to me.
    95 K2500 GMC Suburban 12 Valve Cummins
    2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins
    2001 Freightliner FL60 Crew Cab 3216 CAT Allison 6 speed
    Quads, Isuzu Vehicross (s), Rodeos, etc.

Sold: Northern Lite 10-200

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestNorthernOntario View Post
    Very nice work. Did you get both the windows and the door from TC? Are you installing any other major penetrations in the sides or roof?
    I was hoping to get over there to play with the assembly, but spent my weekend under the house, doing new ductwork. You and your crew were having big fun compared to me.
    We sourced the windows, hatches, entry door and roof window from Outbound Motorhome products in the Netherlands. other through holes would include ventilation fan on the roof and cabin AC unit likely on the front wall. hopefully you didn't come across too many crawling or scampering new friends under there!

No, aside from the spiders, the mice and a squirrel have already done the damage, hence the new ductwork, the majority of it will now be metal, with small runs of flex to the ducts. When you live in the country, you use all flex at your own peril... I am laying out a welcome mat down there with DCon. New system is running me $15K, which pretty much blows away my box budget with Total Composites, but it has been 4 years now without a heat pump or A/C and I am getting low on firewood. I am looking at an alternative box over in Denver where I bought my truck, then gutting it and wiring and insulating it like Java did, but I need to get over the river to your place one of these days to see how your box looks in person and see what else you have going. I will send you an email from the other thread you started.
    95 K2500 GMC Suburban 12 Valve Cummins
    2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins
    2001 Freightliner FL60 Crew Cab 3216 CAT Allison 6 speed
    Quads, Isuzu Vehicross (s), Rodeos, etc.

Sold: Northern Lite 10-200

Cool, I've been following along on instragram.
    2000 Ford E350 Motovan or a 2005 Corvette Z51 towing a 1998 Aliner Sportliner Off Road edition
    New build is starting with a 1997 Ford E450 with 7.3 PSD and a 17' Grumman Olson box.

Default Frame pivot system

I just bought a 4X4 LMTV and I'm interested in the camper box pivot system. Are you selling it?
    Greenwood, CA. USA
    www.overlandwerks.com
    1985 FJ60 Cummins 6BT5.9
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    1971 FJ40 Vortec V6
    1967 Satillite
    1967 GTX
    1968 Charger
    1921 Essex .....

After following this build on Insta i just dusted off my EP-forum membership and looked your build up. AWE-SOME!

quick question, what are your habitationbox-measurements? Lenght, width, height?

The wife and i are trying to get an idea for our future build (probably Mercedes 1224 of Steyr 12M18 based)

Default Total composites box mounted!

We are very excited to anounce that the box is now mounted to the Chassis! It sure feels great to have reached this milestone and see our project come to fruition! Now we've just got a few wiring circuits to finish up to complete the connection.

IMG_7501.jpgIMG_7466.jpgIMG_7443.jpgIMG_7480.jpg

So awesome. And even more awesome to see someones first post talking about all they're going to do to a rig and then see them ACTUALLY do it. Nice work.

I sure wish I had a shop like yours, too!

Congrats Quade and crew!!
    A vehicle’s worth is not what you put into it, but what it put into you.
    '80 300GD "Radio Flyer"(SOLD)
    '03 G500 "O'erländewagen"(SOLD); Build thread, ExPo feature
    '07 E-350 6.0L UJOR 4WD "VANdiana Jones"; Build thread

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalAnimal View Post
    After following this build on Insta i just dusted off my EP-forum membership and looked your build up. AWE-SOME!

quick question, what are your habitationbox-measurements? Lenght, width, height?

The wife and i are trying to get an idea for our future build (probably Mercedes 1224 of Steyr 12M18 based)

Thanks for following along!

The external dimensions of the box are 16' lengthl, 8' width , and 86.5" height.

Sounds like an exciting project! Can't wait to watch your progress!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast