Softopper Mounting Help

littlevulture

I recently bought a Softopper for my F150, and I was wondering if anyone has some advice for mounting it. It came off of a stepside bed so the length is correct but it's just a few inches too narrow for me to get it on my bedrails. I feel like I'm overcomplicating the problem in my head because I haven't come up with a way to mount it yet. If it helps I can get some pictures in about a week.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
your easiest way is going to be to make the bedrails wider however much you need them to be most likely using some form of rail cap (usually wood), I just hope for your sake the f150 fleet and stepside beds aren't as different as the ranger models

littlevulture

Not too different at all, I'm only about 2 inches short on either side. I was hoping to avoid using wood, I really want it to look as professional as possible and I'd be concerned with howw well the wood holds up over time.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
Not too different at all, I'm only about 2 inches short on either side. I was hoping to avoid using wood, I really want it to look as professional as possible and I'd be concerned with howw well the wood holds up over time.

you got off lucky then, rangers it's closer to 4-5", but if you were looking for a professional look I'd look into welding (or having someone) on an extended bed rail, or if preferred possibly a bolt on version from angle iron (if wide enough) that would bolt to the inner sides of th box

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94