TFL Frontier Towing

broncobowsher

Adventurer
After watching them try and tow with an '85 chevy truck, and clearly not knowing anything about a truck that is more then a few weeks old I can't stand watching them anymore. Come on, a small block chevy not reving past 4000? Listening for an analog brake controller? They are older than I am, and I know that the humming brakes are PWM modulated but the analog system tied into the brake system is pure analog. At least I am not old enough to have had to deal with vacuum trailer brakes. And taking very simple trailer wiring that was working pretty good and completely butchering it. A day to install a tach on an HEI chevy, the distributor that happens to have a dedicated "tach" terminal on it.

workingonit71

Aspirantes ad Adventure
that's why they're on the "boob" tube

After watching them try and tow with an '85 chevy truck, and clearly not knowing anything about a truck that is more then a few weeks old I can't stand watching them anymore. Come on, a small block chevy not revving past 4000? Listening for an analog brake controller? They are older than I am, and I know that the humming brakes are PWM modulated but the analog system tied into the brake system is pure analog. At least I am not old enough to have had to deal with vacuum trailer brakes. And taking very simple trailer wiring that was working pretty good and completely butchering it. A day to install a tach on an HEI chevy, the distributor that happens to have a dedicated "tach" terminal on it.
It bothered me, too; after haggling the previous owner down to a great price for a vehicle like that (if only I could find such a deal, here in DFW), then the two guys (including the often deferred to "expert", who seems lost) showed little knowledge of, nor respect for, a vintage machine. If I could get the equivalent, I'd drop in a fresher SBC (or my monster BBC); then, I'd love to tackle the Gauntlet.

justwork

I think the Frontier platform is great, there is a reason they haven't changed it much since 2005. I also prefer the way this ancient platform looks/performs compared to other "newer" mid sized trucks.

bigskypylot

Explorer
I think the Frontier platform is great, there is a reason they haven't changed it much since 2005. I also prefer the way this ancient platform looks/performs compared to other "newer" mid sized trucks.

It's a good looking truck, does what it is supposed to and does it admirably. It doesn't have all the latest and greatest, but less is more in a lot of cases. If I was in the market for a midsize truck, it would be a Frontier King Cab in P4X trim. I am interested in what the Ranger will have to offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles