Help locating a post/thread about a particular RTT

Jason911

Adventurer
Need some help from the ExPo! Scoured through 24+ pages, going back 2+ years looking, but to no avail. Tried to search the forum but came up short. Somewhere in the last year(I think) there was posting/thread(or a thread within a thread) about a narrow side-entry RTT. I think it was a Autohome model, but I could be wrong. Can someone point me in the correct direction, maybe post up a link? I thought I bookmarked it twice, but I'm at a loss, and neither Google, Bing or Siri have been able to help. Thanks in advance.

Lemsteraak

Adventurer
AutoHome OverCamp - cool tent I had one - you can special order from AutoHomeUS.com or if they can't, then ship direct from Italy at Autohome.it

Very strong tent, only drawback is weight as they intentionally make them out of very basic materials so easy to repair in the field so are a bit heavy for an AutoHome tent. They aren't sold in the US as they are an no compromise expedition tent and liability is a bit of a problem for the US market. For example, the whole side of the tent opens up for ventilation, good, but if you forget to have the mosquito netting in place you could literally roll out, bad. Autohome in the states may ask you to to do a direct import because of that, thus the US buyer assumes the inherent risk in the design.

The other reason why it isn't imported is again the US market liabilities. All the sport bars in the US are rated at 165 pounds maximum. So, let's say you load up your 115 pound small Overcamp with your 50 pound kayak, you are overweight. The weight of the bars have to be included, yeah, that is how they figure it. The exact same bars and vehicles are rated in Europe at 223 pounds max so the OverCamp tent makes much more sense.

Overcamp.jpg

Last edited:

Jason911

Adventurer
OverCamp it is! Thank you so much. Appreciate the input on it, and the nuances. Looking a future Jeep replacment(another year so so) with a midsize truck, and this over part of the bed w/fat bikes on the other side is kind of the plan. Thank you again - the forum is a true wealth of information.

Jason911

Adventurer
Just a wee bit more. Good news that they can be had, even shipped in. Once in a blue moon might even see a used one pop up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94