Toyota Land Cruiser antenna question

Mikebil1992

Have all of the Land Cruisers always been made with a power antenna that goes up and down when the radio turns on, or did some come with factory fixed mast antenna? f it helps, I live in the US. I'm curious is the J50, J80, J100, J200 or J60 ever came with the option to have a fixed mast/manual antenna from the factory or if the antennas were always power.

kambaku

My FJ62 goes up when I flip the switch and down when I flip it the other direction. So this was how it was done in '89.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
4x/5x/6x/7x and 8x's could have fixed or at least non-power antennas in many markets. For example we stock a manual antenna for a 4x, 6x, 7x and 8x models. Can't say I've seen a manual LC100 antenna but I wouldn't be shocked if it exists.

Mikebil1992

4x/5x/6x/7x and 8x's could have fixed or at least non-power antennas in many markets. For example we stock a manual antenna for a 4x, 6x, 7x and 8x models. Can't say I've seen a manual LC100 antenna but I wouldn't be shocked if it exists.

4x/5x/6x/7x and 8x refer to J80, J70, J60, J50 and J40 right? I haven't seen a J80 with a manual fixed non-power antenna. Are those factory or are they aftermarket? I'm wondering if its factory available (like if it was built in 1990 or 1997?). I'm not looking, I just wanna see options. And which market are they available in?

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
4x/5x/6x/7x and 8x refer to J80, J70, J60, J50 and J40 right? I haven't seen a J80 with a manual fixed non-power antenna. Are those factory or are they aftermarket? I'm wondering if its factory available (like if it was built in 1990 or 1997?). I'm not looking, I just wanna see options. And which market are they available in?

Correct on the models. Yes, they are OEM

The non-power factory 80 manual antenna is available in EUR and Gen spec markets (and we, Cruiser Outfitters, stock them here in the US)

IMG_2017.JPG

Mikebil1992

OK. A bit of a weird question but just because I'm really really REALLY curious, any pictures of a J80 (1990 to 1997) with a manual antenna from the factory?

Mikebil1992

OK. A bit of a weird question but just because I'm really really REALLY curious, any pictures of a J80 (1990 to 1997) with a manual antenna from the factory?

I guess nobody has any pictures of this then huh. Well that would be why it is so rare to see online. I was hoping for someone to show something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier