Need help on finding a part off of 813 truck for my Unimog project.

vonsmog

Hoping to get some help from someone in Europe, in finding a part I am looking for. The motor in the photo is out of a 813 truck. I don't think they were sold here in the US. I need the part in the circle, the cast alum. down turned air intake part that is bolted to the valve cover. I tried a few used truck parts web sites, but I have not heard back from any of them, I guess its too small of a part for them to be bothered. Anyway, if anyone can help that would be great! I have the valve cover, just need the intake part for my Unimog 416 Doka I am building. Please let me know if you can help me out!

Thanks again, Von

Attachments

• Motor813d.jpg
    Motor813d.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 10
  • valvecover.JPG
    valvecover.JPG
    345.8 KB · Views: 10

vonsmog

Looks like an easy part to fabricate if you can't find one. Maybe much cheaper too
Not really if you take in consideration of going from a 3" round to the almost square mounting hole and throw in the complex bend in the mix. Then you want it to all flow, so as not to upset air travel into intake. Yes something crude could be made, but why reinvent the wheel, when something already exists. Plus it is just one less thing I have to make and worry about on this project!

vonsmog

Bet I could 3D print a replica that would do it...what's the max temp this part would get up to?
only problem Is I don't have one to copy, just a photo off the internet. Max temp would be 250-300ºF would be my guess and up to 25-30psi.

vonsmog

Well I have tried contacting over 10 truck scrap yards in Europe, and only a few have even got back to me about this intake pipe. Since I have had zero luck in finding one, and need to get this done, I ended up making my own adapter to fit the straight intake that I have. Still would like to get the one used on the 813, but this should do in a pinch!

Attachments

• valvecover1 copy.jpg
    valvecover1 copy.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 3
  • valvecover4 copy.jpg
    valvecover4 copy.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 3
  • valvecover5 copy.jpg
    valvecover5 copy.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads