Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets talk tires!

Quote Originally Posted by p nut View Post
    I've had 26x2.35 Big apples and Marathon Plus Tour
    -
    http://www.wiggle.com/schwalbe-marat...mtb-road-tire/
    -
    The MPT's were bombproof. Never EVER got a flat. I was especially thankful, riding in the dark, on those cold, wet days, knowing I'd not have to worry about fixing a flat. Downside? Ride was horrible. Super stiff tire.
    -
    The BA's were on my cargo bike. Super smooth ride. Glides over everything. More prone to flats, but not bad.
    -
    If I had to choose: I would go BA's, because the ride is sublime. But only if my bikepacking routes are tame enough for a slick tire. (although, I've found you can ride some pretty rough stuff on slicks. Just watch those turns). This is the same reason I choose to ride Compass road tires. More prone to flats, but....the ride....!
    Great info. When I picture what I want out of the bike I keep thinking of adding an xtraCycle and Big Apples to it.
    2011 Toyota Tundra TRD Rock Warrior W/
    1996 Cache Camper
    1995 Toyota T100
    2014 Ti Fatback with some bikepacking bags
    1984 Koga-Myata Traveler full road tour kit FOR SALE
    1995 Trek 930 dirtbag bike

Expedition Portal Member #4318

Past rigs:2000 Nissan D22 Last-Frontier-Build
    1974 VW Type II
    1985 BMW E28 euro M5 Summer

I've really enjoyed my Schwalbe Mondial tires. They are 700x40 on a Trek 520, there is a little more rolling resistance but having an "all road" tire is great.

Could you use slightly skinnier? Michelin country rock has always preformed great for me and long wearing. Wish they made a 27.5...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12