VIAIR stand up company

captwoody

Adventurer
Over a 16 months ago I bought a VIAIR 300p compressor. I had filled from 12psi to 38 psi about 30 times on my 255/75/17 mt's and about 10 times on my Falken 285/75/17 tires when half way thru my last fill compressor failed. This was 3 months past warranty. I went back to ORW Temecula and they said they have great customer service just pay to ship it there and back and for a small fee they will rebuild. they said around 30-40 bucks. I was good with that so I paid ORW to ship to Irvine for repair. Well it comes back shipped on their dime repaired with explanation of failure(metal intake valve failed) AND an apology for failure repaired free of charge. THANK YOU VIAIR

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Over a 16 months ago I bought a VIAIR 300p compressor. I had filled from 12psi to 38 psi about 30 times on my 255/75/17 mt's and about 10 times on my Falken 285/75/17 tires when half way thru my last fill compressor failed. This was 3 months past warranty. I went back to ORW Temecula and they said they have great customer service just pay to ship it there and back and for a small fee they will rebuild. they said around 30-40 bucks. I was good with that so I paid ORW to ship to Irvine for repair. Well it comes back shipped on their dime repaired with explanation of failure(metal intake valve failed) AND an apology for failure repaired free of charge. THANK YOU VIAIR

That's good to know. I've had similar experience with Extreme Outback and their compressors (mine was 10 years old, they sent me repair parts to rebuild it). I suspect that VIAIR has much more demanding customers than overlanders, nice to benefit from the support network in place.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
I wound up just fixing the broken China crap everytime it fell apart. They either don't have the part or won't sell it without you paying for an expensive assembly. It's worked OK but to give kudos for customer service or parts availability...? Not from my experiance.

MOguy

Explorer

My first cheap *** MV 50s lasted 6 years until I shorted it out and my "new" one has over 4 years and no issues.

I would be pissed that my Viair crapped out at 16 months, I definitely would not be thanking them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier