Coveralls seat covers for 100 series land cruiser? Anyone?

Koolman's Cruiser

don't know what I did but I somehow deleted my previous post, but in response to the fitment on the 4Runner.

His were tan as well. The fitment was real good, obviously not as good and tight as replacing the leather entirely, but good. The covers cover the entire seat and tuck behind the plastic for a clean look, not like some you see that have the straps (smithybuilt) It even has the separate headrest covers which most don't.

altaboy

Observer
Neoprene: Yikes......get ready to sweat your butt off!

Shoot, even vinyl is a pain in the *** (pun intended).

Early 80's cruise east to west in Subaru wagon w. vinyl. Had to use the beer case cardboard boxes to line seats as it was hot!.....did I say beer:beer:

Luke111

Observer
SOR seat covers

Those look nice. I'm needing something for the rear seats on my 100 so I can keep my dog from tearing them up too bad. I was eying the SOR covers, but like you, the cost was keeping me away. I'd rather buy sliders or a bumper for $1k than seat covers

I'm not sure where you're getting that $1k numbers from unless you need third row...You can get SOR's front and middle covers for $602.00 including $49.00 for the membership made in the USA ..proven quality and fit.

Redman333

Adventurer
I'm not sure where you're getting that $1k numbers from unless you need third row...You can get SOR's front and middle covers for $602.00 including $49.00 for the membership made in the USA ..proven quality and fit.
Yeah $600 is about what I'm seeing on Their website. From what I can tell the coveralls are about $400 for front and rear. Not a huge difference but honestly if the coveralls fit good I think I'd prefer them.

Luke111

Observer
Yeah $600 is about what I'm seeing on Their website. From what I can tell the coveralls are about $400 for front and rear. Not a huge difference but honestly if the coveralls fit good I think I'd prefer them.

Click through the process to order a set.... you pay more for better fit, headrest, map pocket and armrest (included in the SOR's covers) and the price difference is only about $20. At a quick glance it seems like a great price and then you quickly realize the the "Bait and Swithch"😊
I have a set of SOR's on my 80 and ordering a set for the new to me 06 LX. The Coveralls might be a nice product but I rather by a proven product and one designed exclusively for Land Cruiser's.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I have used the Wet Okoles and can highly recommend them for fit and durability

I just was about to suggest Wet Okole as well. Had them in our '01 Taco from brand new. 8 years and 200,000 later they were a bit stained, but all the neoprene and stitching etc was as new. I now have them in my 3500. I did a "build" on a set of front and middle row for my '99 and it came to $544.

I don't find them overly "sweaty" either, even in the 100* and higher summer temps we get here.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
I just was about to suggest Wet Okole as well. Had them in our '01 Taco from brand new. 8 years and 200,000 later they were a bit stained, but all the neoprene and stitching etc was as new. I now have them in my 3500. I did a "build" on a set of front and middle row for my '99 and it came to $544.

I don't find them overly "sweaty" either, even in the 100* and higher summer temps we get here.

I agree - My wife recently asked if they were available for her Highlander and we are in Scottsdale Arizona

BigRogers

Wanted to see if there is any further progress on purchases? Looking to make an order soon for a summer trip with the dogs to CO.

You might also take a look at www.marathonseatcovers.com . Custom fit (They have fitment for an LC100 on their website, but not an LC200). Made from Cordura. I ordered a set for a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins years ago, and was extremely pleased with them. They saw heavy field and DIY project use, and showed essentially no wear in the three years I used them. Prices start at around $200 for two

BigRogers

You might also take a look at www.marathonseatcovers.com . Custom fit (They have fitment for an LC100 on their website, but not an LC200). Made from Cordura. I ordered a set for a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins years ago, and was extremely pleased with them. They saw heavy field and DIY project use, and showed essentially no wear in the three years I used them. Prices start at around $200 for two

Thanks @mawgie33 your the second recommenation i have had on the Marathon covers. Would you consider them to be "well fit" for the Ram?

BigRogers,

The fit was excellent. The truck was a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Ram Quad Cam Cummins 4x4. With Marathon (probably others?), you order the main front seat covers: a separate piece for each seat back and each seat bottom. Then, you can accessorize with headrest covers (I recommend the headrest covers for a finished look, and they aren't a big $$ upcharge) , center console cover, arm rest covers, storage pouches, etc. as you want and as your budget allows.

For the main seat, the covers are a nice tight fit, just short of a real ********** to get on, which to me was good because there was essentially no slop in the fit. Mine had accurate, stitched cutouts for the power seat controls and the lumbar adjustment knob.

The covers secure with discrete velcro straps, which needed little to no adjustment in the three years I had them. The Cordura is pretty bombproof stuff. I never cut it. I had a young Labrador retriever that regularly rode shotgun and did no harm to the seat covers.

For maintenance, I usually just spot cleaned with a damp sponge with Dawn dishsoap/water. Worked fine. The seat covers did not run particularly hot or cold to sit on.

I experienced no fading in three years. The truck was parked outside in Upstate NY for all of that time.

I went with a medium to dark grey, consistent with my philosophy that a utility vehicle interior should be roughly the color of dirt, in order to show less dirt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz