Rusty 100 Series

arb098

Adventurer
Update, here are some photos from him of the undercarriage.

Resized_20170322_110758.jpg
Resized_20170322_110807.jpg
Resized_20170322_110732.jpg

stayalert

Observer
If that worries you as far as rust, you'd NEVER buy a used car or truck from my part neck of the woods! lol

Ditto. Salted roads SUCK!!!

Doesn't actually look so bad....Get rid of those running boards - But if you're not used to rust, seemingly easy tasks (like removing that skid plate - oh I'll just undo 4 bolts and it will come right off) turn into a chore with breaking fasteners etc....

arb098

Adventurer
Ditto. Salted roads SUCK!!!

Doesn't actually look so bad....Get rid of those running boards - But if you're not used to rust, seemingly easy tasks (like removing that skid plate - oh I'll just undo 4 bolts and it will come right off) turn into a chore with breaking fasteners etc....

That under carriage rust isn't that bad? Man, I never thought I'd be happy to live in the south. ��

But yeah, rust worries me. I'd be looking at turning this into an overlander for the long south. I'd hate to get south of the border and have the rust come back to haunt me. Lol

stclair

Adventurer
Having just spent the last month or 2 searching for just the right 100 Series for us, I feel you can do better. There are plenty of rust free Land Cruisers out there with over 200K in the $5K-ish range. If rust bugs you...keep looking. I would..and did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94