Help with a FM-62DZ Whynter 62 Quart Dual Zone Portable Fridge/ Freezer

rdracer66

Hey guys I did a quick search and came up empty, I've had this fridge/freezer for a few years now and it works great. But ever since I bought it the fridge rattles when going over bumps. I use to keep it in the back of my 4runner but lately doing a lot of solo camping so I removed the front passenger seat and put the fridge there. The rattling is driving me a little crazy, has anyone else had this problem? and if so how did they resolve it?
I did take the cover off but did not see anything noticeably loose.

http://whynter.com/product/whynter-62-quart-dual-zone-portable-fridge-freezer/

Last edited:

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Title sorta makes it look like a for sale ad. People that already own one might not be looking.

hour

Observer
Mine has also has a metallic clink rattling to it, since I got it new ~1.5 yrs ago. Thankfully in the back of my 4runner and I can't hear anything above 30mph courtesy of wind noise.

rdracer66

I'm going to try and take a closer look this weekend. I notice you are from Foco, I'm just south of you in Johnstown. What year is your 4runner?

hour

Observer
I'm going to try and take a closer look this weekend. I notice you are from Foco, I'm just south of you in Johnstown. What year is your 4runner?

Oops, things I never updated: my vehicle profile, my actual profile. Been in Denver for 3 years, Ram ecodiesel gone, 4runner still kicking. It's a 99. I've yet to make a build thread on here, but...

NikonRon

Adventurer
Possibly just the compressor making a bit of noise as it moves on its mounts, which I think would be normal. Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles