Quick disconnect for drinkable water

burt

Observer
Hey, I'm looking for a good durable quick disconnect for potable water. The garden variety I'm finding seem nice but have hose thread which isn't optimal but alright. Problem is they have cancer warnings and whatnot. Air fittings would also work fine but they say for compressed air only. 1/2" pipe thread would be best but anything durable and safe for long term drinking would be of interest. I haven't looked much at plastic ones because the ones I've come across just look like they would break. Any ideas? Thanks

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I use brass hose connectors, but since I don't reside in California they don't cause cancer. :)

I also have a plastic set on the hose that I use for flushing my tanks, etc, so that I don't mix them with the potable water hoses.

burt

Observer
Thanks for the replies! Damn those McMaster carr ones are$$$. Look nice tho. I've got one of those jerry looking water cans with the spigot on the bottom. Front runner maybe. I wanna plumb it into my sink with an electric pump but have it real easy to pop out and fill it with good drinking water. I have a larger tank on the chassis that I don't keep as strictly clean and chlorinate sometimes.

burt

Observer
I'm not a stickler for cancer warnings by any means but if they have lead or whatever in them seems like it should be avoided in a small tank. Do either of you who use the Gardena ones think there is no reason to pay the warning any mind? I drink out of spigots all the time that have the same warning but I let them run for just a sec thinking the water sitting at the spigot would be the only concern. Interested in any opinions on the subject. Thanks also for the home brew supply idea. Gonna look at that

burt

Observer
Ya, home brew supply looks like a good lead. Ss fittings that aren't to bad on price. Thanks guys

rdubinatub

I just returned from four days in the desert and have the fresh water systems quick disconnects. Worked great. I have a water pump connected to an on board water tank in my truck bed and I used the quick disconnect that shuts the water flow off when disconnected.

burt

Observer
Thanks for the feedback. Do they seem like they are durable? Like if it took an impact would it break does it seem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94