REI 20% OFF TEPUI TENTS

JSwanson

Observer
I just figured I would let you guys know if your an REI member ($20 membership) you can use a 20% off coupon(good til April10) on a TEPUI RTT. My coworker told me about it said he saw it here on expo somewhere else so I became a member and ordered a Ayer sky 2 with membership total was $831 shipped to my local REI. I have been on the fence about one for my XJ but I am planning a Colorado and Utah trip in May so I pulled the trigger. FWIW

Mr_Miyagisan

Adventurer
Discount code is MEMLOVE20 (for members only). I cancelled my first order that was luckily backordered, and reordered right after.
Got a Tepui Kukenam sky for $1,194.11 shipped to the store. Just shy of $300 saved

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
REI has been known to financially support anti-OHV organizations; I will not shop there.

X2! :beer:

You'll notice along with a lot of other great Off Highway Vehicle Use groups conspicuously missing is Blue Ribbon Coalition, and Tread Lightly. That speaks volumes.
Look through the list and you'll see a large number of groups they do support who don't want vehicle traffic on anything but existing paved roads.
https://www.rei.com/stewardship/community/non-profit-partnerships-and-grants.html

billum v2.0

Took advantage of this last year. Serious savings when you factor in free shipping to your local store.

http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/155951-Tepui-Tents-Group-Buy-Work-Around

I don't dismiss the concerns of supporting REI, Backcountry and other major outdoor retailers who financially support organizations trying to limit our access to public lands. In my case, with the 20% off code, free shipping to local REI store and additional Active Junkie rebate I couldn't imagine REI made enough on the sale to break even. I buy from Backcountry and Moosejaw (both offer additional rebates of 7 to 10% via Active Junkie) as well when they price stuff stupid. Irony in last rebate check paying my annual Tread Lightly membership dues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier