Making a Daily Driver F150 SCrew "expedition" ready on a budget

adrstout

Adventurer
Really liking how this is coming along. Where do you plan to store the chuck box? Is it easily moveable?

coastalcop

like the chuck box. Its great to have friends with misc. bit laying around !

On the interior, before you go to a ram mount setup for anything, take a look at the proclip usa setups. Ive used their mounts on several vehicles to hold a variety of electronics (most recently an Ipad air 2 in the 150)

Really liking how this is coming along. Where do you plan to store the chuck box? Is it easily moveable?

like the chuck box. Its great to have friends with misc. bit laying around !

On the interior, before you go to a ram mount setup for anything, take a look at the proclip usa setups. Ive used their mounts on several vehicles to hold a variety of electronics (most recently an Ipad air 2 in the 150)

It is super easy to move around, it'll either stay in the garage or the basement when not in use. I want to have it easily ready to go if necessary as a possible SHTF scenario as well. Makes it easy to grab everything at once. Probably will never happen, but you know how that goes.

Thanks coastalcop - I'll take a look at those. It is nice to have friends who share your "hobbies", although I don't think our wives necessarily agree. :)

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Nice looking truck! I have a 2015 supercrew fx4. Other than duratracs it's stock for now. My intentions with it are very similar to yours. I'll be watching your thread for inspiration, haha!

kmlacroix

Explorer
I will be putting Bilstein 5100's on all 4 corners and 7650 gvw oem springs. I am bringing it to a shop for the fronts. I will be setting the fronts at ~1.5 inches and have a lift 1" shackle for the rear. With the 33's I will end up with about 2 1/2 inches over stock. My truck is my DD and I tow a 23' Travel trail when I go camping with my wife.

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Then I glued/screwed everything together and got the doors assembled. I still have to do a lot of finish work on it and add handles, but here is how it sits this weekend. I basically have a skill saw, an inability to run said saw straight, a couple of squares, long straight edge, dull pencil and some time. It isn't anywhere near furniture quality, but it is camping quality. Once finished I'll weight it out.
View attachment 393319
View attachment 393320

Also this weekend got the larger of my 3 ground tents out and set it up. Went thru everything on it and found on of the fiberglass rod pockets needed some repairs so I stitched it up with some dental floss.

Lame...looks just like this guy on Midwest overlanders facebook page...(hello!! lol)

mjs3350

Mine unfortunately does not have the fx4 package like yours RoverTrader. So I just added hill descent for 15$ and forscan and will live without the rear locking diff. I like the Paramount grille and bumper, I've been debating doing either that or the Galaxymoto. When these tires wear out I'll jump up to 35s.

As for the build, just put a couple of coats of stain on the rack and will hopefully work on the water and fuel setup tomorrow afternoon. If the rack dries out like I want, I'll throw the verathane (sp?) on it tomorrow as well.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

$15 for the replacement HDC / Traction Control button? Got a part number? Looking to do this to my 2016.

Found a handy little addition from BuiltRight Industries. Behind the back seat is a small area that can be used for storage. However for whatever reason, ford made the latch for the larger portion of the seat this little lever that you can almost touch and barely see. BRI makes a great little piece of kit to fix this
cf383ff05b0ebf2d34212c6b166f8842.jpg

I also got the check box primed and started painting it. The paint will look better once it's weathered because it's not for show that's for sure. Letting your 7 year old assist does not equal high end furniture

I also got the water jug frame roughly done. . Aluminum angle and flat stock and rivets. Light and strong and easy on the wallet. . Still have to mount to truck

45c9518e0cc2777518770addb1e2d010.jpg

Farcry305

I subed 17 screw here. Will be posting soon. Had it for 2 weeks and already started building also. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mjac

Adventurer
Picking up some good ideas! Keep em coming!
Sub'ed with a 2016 screw XLT Sport 4x4. Opted for tonneau cover over a topper. ABR fridge will ride in the bed and now trying to decide if I want to keep the National Luna power pack or not. Its not looking good to get wires from the eng bay/cab to the bed :)

Got the chuck box painted and loaded. Still have to add the cordage or chains to limit the door travel.

20170421_212104.jpg

Of course, any father son project has to be signed and dated. We signed on my tablet, I printed the images and cut out templates with a razorblade and then we sprayed it.

20170418_205956.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12