shower tub for privacy/shower tent.

cr500taco

Adventurer
I have a privacy/shower tent and I want to use it at places where dumping grey water on the ground is not allowed, like at state parks. So, I am trying to figure out a way to catch the shower water to keep it from gettting on to the ground and then dump it, later. Wondering if anybody has ideas for this.

cr500taco

Adventurer
thanks, i really like the first two ideas. just need to see what will fit in the tent. i will be using a trailer to haul the gear in, so space won't be an issue.

grogie

Like to Camp
How much water are you talking about using? When I use a privacy tent (usually at federal campgrounds), my wife and I will split a two-gallon solar shower bag, which is such a small amount that I don't worry about it. Now if it was ten gallons, I could see collecting the water...

:REExeSwimmingHL:

cr500taco

Adventurer
Honestly, I don't know. I bought my privacy tent during the last Black Friday, but haven't used it, yet. Haven't bought the bag, yet. It will be for my girlfriend and me, so that's good to know that a 2 gallon bag should be fine for the two of us. I was wondering if a 5 gallon bag was enough. I was thinking if we don't use much water just let it soak in the ground/sand. I will be using it while camping on sand at a beach.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
I use a foldable cedar plank set up and then dig a tiny trench to move water away from inside the tent. Works ok. Still gets damp but the plank lets you stay out of it. The key is leaving the door open after so it dries all out. Been doing that for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
Drain Capture Floor for Paha Que Tepee

http://www.hotcampshowers.com/inc/sdetail/371

Optional Paha Que Tepee Drain Capture Floor to catch shower water when used in campgrounds where shower water run off is not allowed on ground. Standard 5/8" male hose barb with end cap will attach to any garden hose for emptying. Made for the Paha Que Tepee but also works with the Zodi Hut and Outback Porta Privy.

Designed to attach to any standard-sized garden hose. Made of high density 150D polyester oxford weave, with heavy-duty polyurethane waterproofing. Simply set the Drain floor under your shower tent and attach a garden hose to the floor fitting and direct the hose water to a container. Measures 54" x 54".

Shower_Tent_Drain_Capture_Floor.jpg

paha-que-camp-shower-floor-2.jpg

I ordered one a few months ago and got in it, but yet to use it since it's winter. I got lucky and found one "used" on Amazon for $25 when I looked it up for another thread for someone, and when I got it, it looks brand spanking new.

Last edited:

grogie

Like to Camp
Honestly, I don't know. I bought my privacy tent during the last Black Friday, but haven't used it, yet. Haven't bought the bag, yet. It will be for my girlfriend and me, so that's good to know that a 2 gallon bag should be fine for the two of us. I was wondering if a 5 gallon bag was enough. I was thinking if we don't use much water just let it soak in the ground/sand. I will be using it while camping on sand at a beach.

I wouldn't have thought so with my wife, but really, two gallons of water is plenty for two to share (get wet, soap up, wash the soap off). Not to mention, just with conserving water. When we're out camping, we figure we need four gallons a day (two for drinking/cooking, two for a shower).

I have a two gallon solar bag which I would actually just boil say four cups of the water and it would get the water temperture prefect when I didn't want to wait for the sun to heat the water or it was later in the day. But even being just two gallons, it's kind of heavy to hang the bag, and with a five gallon bag, that would really be heavy. I most recently bought a Nemo pressure shower, which I haven't used yet, but elimnates having to hang a heavy bag. Hope that helps, as with my wife, she's happier when she gets a shower each day. :)

cr500taco

Adventurer
I wouldn't have thought so with my wife, but really, two gallons of water is plenty for two to share (get wet, soap up, wash the soap off). Not to mention, just with conserving water. When we're out camping, we figure we need four gallons a day (two for drinking/cooking, two for a shower).

I have a two gallon solar bag which I would actually just boil say four cups of the water and it would get the water temperture prefect when I didn't want to wait for the sun to heat the water or it was later in the day. But even being just two gallons, it's kind of heavy to hang the bag, and with a five gallon bag, that would really be heavy. I most recently bought a Nemo pressure shower, which I haven't used yet, but elimnates having to hang a heavy bag. Hope that helps, as with my wife, she's happier when she gets a shower each day. :)

That's a good idea about heating up water in a pot and then pouring into the shower bag. Especially, for cooler days or if it's over cast or even rainy.

My girlfriend is happier with a shower each day, as well. We went camping last year for a weekend without a shower. She did all right, but I know she would have been happier with one

Thanks, for the info

Mo4130

Adventurer
My wife and I used our nemo on a three day trip thru Arizona last week. Game changer. Boiled a pot of water mixed it 50/50. Perfect

rotti

Adventurer
Been using my Nemo now for a couple years and it has worked out fine.
For the shower tent floor I use my WeatherTec truck floor mat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94