The "SoCal" Crew Thread

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Another good shop that has done a lot of work on my various cars over the years is in Santa Ana. Up until recently, they were known as "Swedish Asian Auto Service", but they recently changed names (same crew though) and are The Auto Service: https://www.theautoservice.net Contact John Pizane. Their prices are fair, not great, but their work is really solid and they been great to recognize that it hurts to spend $1000 on servicing a $3000 car. They won't upsell you or make you do stuff you don't need.

DSouth

Observer
Thanks for the responses guys! I heading out to Joshua Tree next Wed and wanted to get the timing belt done before that, but I think I'm going to just try and tackle it after I get back. I will however be trying out one of these recommendations on some other, less expensive work to see how it goes.

jmoji

Thanks to all the info I found here on the threads and on 4x4wire, I have enough information to try and do this timing belt myself. Saving an upwards to a thousand dollars is a huge incentive. Just gotta take it nice and slow. I’ll also order those tools nwoods recommended. Probably going to tackle it on Sunday and throughout the week next week. Wish me luck.

Offroadmuch

Explorer
I am in the same boat. I am located in Ventura County and I am looking for a montero guru. I am willing to make a drive as long as its somewhere in SoCal.

bump and subscribed!

I would love to make it out to a meet as soon as I can get my gen 2.5 running smooth.

Just a bump here on a good shop sort of near Orange County, taken from my post here regarding smog on Mitsubishi's:

Smog test, Amazingly passed on the first try yesterday with my 2003, with 3.8L.
I had just had new plugs, wires, seals and gaskets installed along with a new solenoid for the flutter valve (I think that is what it was) at C&A in Van Nuys! Love that place. They know every inch of a Mitsubishi! He did a free inspection and called me telling me exactly what needed fixed. Price was better than fair. I could not believe it and quickly told him to get it done. Work was fast and correct. When I came to pick it up he had a box of all the old used parts which he described in detail and why each one was bad. I drove an hour to his shop and it was worth it. The place is an old school dumpy looking shop but Tye is super knowledgeable. He told me it would pass smog because he said my engine was now perfect and did not need any repair and he was right. BIG SHOUT out for C&A in Van Nuys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles