The "SoCal" Crew Thread

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Hey Nwoods you said Cleghorn is 4-5 hours, maybe 6... is that for going in and coming out, total round trip?
Yes, Round trip from trail head and back to the freeway. It only takes about 15 minutes to drive from the terminus near Siverwood back to the McDonalds off the 138/15 offramp.
Cleghorn can be run in 2 hours, but most people go slow, and the group size and experience level modifies the net speed exponentially.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
There is still snow up there. I'm going to look into some of the trails nwoods recommended
I was up there two weekends ago, top down in a convertible, and it was sunny and +70 degrees. There was snow in the shaded side of some of the hills, but it was melting fast, and the roads and trails were totally clear. At the highest point, near Onxy Summit, there was a few inches of snow in the trees, but again, everything else was clear. In Big Bear itself, most of the snow piles from the road plows were also all melted away, with only a few remainders of the epic dump we received previously. Snow on the trail this weekend will not be a factor.

View attachment 393697

Offroadmuch

Explorer
I was up there two weekends ago, top down in a convertible, and it was sunny and +70 degrees. There was snow in the shaded side of some of the hills, but it was melting fast, and the roads and trails were totally clear. At the highest point, near Onxy Summit, there was a few inches of snow in the trees, but again, everything else was clear. In Big Bear itself, most of the snow piles from the road plows were also all melted away, with only a few remainders of the epic dump we received previously. Snow on the trail this weekend will not be a factor.

View attachment 393697

Thanks for the Big Bear update Nwoods. Any trip up there and back down would be fun. You and I talked about going up from Pioneer town on the back road/trail (I forget the name of that road off he top of my head.) That would be a good group drive sometime.

LibertyFLS

Observer
I'm thinking of going up to Azusa on Sunday, just want to spend a few hours between going there and back from Torrance, not trying to use up the entire day.

Offroadmuch

Explorer
Anyone have two 22mm box end wrenches I can borrow? Need to remove my upper control arms for my spacer lift... I can drive and pick. OC area would be great.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
You might be able to borrow them from AutoZone, NAPA, etc... they loan out special tools all the time. It's usually free, though they charge a deposit.

Offroadmuch

Explorer
Cecil, thank you for the info about alignment.

I'm thinking of going up to Azusa on Sunday, just want to spend a few hours between going there and back from Torrance, not trying to use up the entire day.
Won't be able to go to Azusa, anyone else going?

tyty13

Adventurer
Anyone have two 22mm box end wrenches I can borrow? Need to remove my upper control arms for my spacer lift... I can drive and pick. OC area would be great.

I do have 1 22mm wrench and I have a adjustable wrench if that will works for you.
let me know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles