The "SoCal" Crew Thread

Offroadmuch

Explorer
Ok got the wrenches now. Was away from my garage for a while so I will see how it goes when I get back. Thanks for the offers guys.

Offroadmuch

Explorer
I am thinking Saturday, 4-29-47 for Cleghorn Road.
https://www.bing.com/maps?&ty=18&q=...1&FORM=MIRE&qpvt=cleghorn+road+san+Bernardino

Anyone who has first hand experience on this road please speak up about tips and conditions etc. Anyone been here since the January, February 2017 rains? Should be a 15.8 mile one way trip so it should not take too long.
How about we meet at the trailhead early, maybe 8:00 am and talk for a little while and then get on the road, drive to Silverlake, eat lunch or whatever and head back?
Is there any interest in doing a basic 4wheeling class/discussion? Maybe someone is a 4x4 guru and is familiar with Monteros and wouldn't mind sharing some guidance? Just an idea. I am in either way.

Just a bump on this.... Anyone else who can make it post up. I would like to be at the starting point off the 15 Fwy by 8:00 a.m.

DONT_TREAD

Observer
I can make it that weekend. I did 3n16 and a few other fire roads up in the big bear area Saturday. Only snow was in the shade, weather was perfect

Offroadmuch

Explorer
Spare Montero Wheel near SoCal

Anyone near SoCal have an old wheel they could part with? I have a spare but I would like to have another before I leave for Mojave Road. With a tire would be great. Any old beat up tire and wheel will do. Just a spare. I can drive for pickup.
Thank you

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Anyone near SoCal have an old wheel they could part with? I have a spare but I would like to have another before I leave for Mojave Road. With a tire would be great. Any old beat up tire and wheel will do. Just a spare. I can drive for pickup.
Thank you

Two spares? Seems way overkill for MT. However, you are welcome to grab the Gen 2.5 rim and 31" tire off the back of my rig. Send an email (not a pm) for details.

Brokenroadranch

SoCal heck yea

I would love to see a socal specific forum, I can not make th next trip (working out injector issues on the 4d56t). But please keep the momentum going, we need it!:truck::truck:

Offroadmuch

Explorer
I would love to see a socal specific forum, I can not make th next trip (working out injector issues on the 4d56t). But please keep the momentum going, we need it!:truck::truck:

Glad to have you aboard. We are just staring out with some SoCal group activities so hopefully we can turn it into a real "group."

sd2hi

I'll be in San Diego end of May. Hit some trails outside of Blyth then work my way to Utah n back. All are welcome to join. Oh, Baja agian in October. Down to Aqua Verde n back, 10 days.

Offroadmuch

Explorer
Just drove the Mojave Road from East to West! Out there representing the SoCal Montero folks and not even in a Gen 2 or 2.5 but the lowly, soccer-mom Gen 3.5 in the nerdy pearl white on some almost worn out street tires and only a 2" front lift and some rear air bags to help with the rear load. Looking forward to OME springs and new tires for future adventures but in the current condition it did an amazing job. Never needed sliders and never even got close to getting stuck just due to the fantastic ability of the truck. Great trip. I would say any montero in good running condition could do it.
IMG_3724.jpg
IMG_3716.jpg

Last edited:

Tliska10

Looking good man....

My car still running okay, i still have a cracked flex plate that makes a horrible noise at idle.

My mechanic said just wait till it full cracks lol.

And throwing some codes for 02 sensors .

But the car runs great.....

jkgordon

Wont be able to make it to the Cleghorn run this weekend. :(
Have fun. Ill make the next one for sure.
Whens the next parking lot meet?

-Jay

Offroadmuch

Explorer
Wont be able to make it to the Cleghorn run this weekend. :(
Have fun. Ill make the next one for sure.
Whens the next parking lot meet?

-Jay

Two comments:
1. Is anyone else planning on going to the Cleghorn trail run this Saturday? If so I will kick out some details.
2. No plan for another parking lot meet at this time but I am willing to throw something out and we can meet. Please throw out any dates or locations that sound good to you and we will start planning.

FullMonte

Adventurer
Hey, guys I'm a Norcal Montero and there is no Norcal Montero group. (Sad face) but anyways I was wondering if anyone was planning to go out to the Overland Expo this May.. I'm planning to meet with the AZ group out there. (Happy face)

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles