The "SoCal" Crew Thread

DONT_TREAD

Observer
My monty has been sitting since memorial day weekend, getting pretty depressing. I'm pretty deep in the I.E. for all these O.C. recommendations but a mitsu master tech could probably have the job done fairly quick and easy. The job being a complete re-gasketing of my poor 3.5. Thinking of limping it down there

Offroadmuch

Explorer
My monty has been sitting since memorial day weekend, getting pretty depressing. I'm pretty deep in the I.E. for all these O.C. recommendations but a mitsu master tech could probably have the job done fairly quick and easy. The job being a complete re-gasketing of my poor 3.5. Thinking of limping it down there

Don't Tread- That is a bummer. Anyone know of a Master Tech (or good honest mechanic) in the Riverside/San Berdo, CA area?

nwoods

Expedition Leader
John at All4Wheel. His shop is a few miles south of the 91 off the 15 freeway. He works on all makes and models, but focuses on 4x4 rigs. Very talented mechanic.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
For those of you that haven't seen it yet, There is going to be a San Diego Meet and greet on August 5th at 10am at Fiesta Island. All are welcome.

Offroadmuch

Explorer
On 8-13-17 I drove from Silverado Canyon up to Modjeska peak and down to Corona at the 15 freeway. All gates were open. It was about 90 degrees out. Nice drive. Did almost the whole drive in 2wd. Stopped at a few spots for some 4x4 stuff. IMG_0092.jpg
If you look close you may see the 2" front and rear lift with one size larger tires. Has about 14" of clearance now!
As usual, does great off road.

Last edited:

teotwaki

Excelsior!
On 8-13-17 I drove from Silverado Canyon up to Modjeska peak and down to Corona at the 15 freeway. All gates were open. It was about 90 degrees out. Nice drive. Did almost the whole drive in 2wd. Stopped at a few spots for some 4x4 stuff.

I had to go to Santiago back on the 6th. The bugs were out in force.

kalieracer

Observer
Chai has been my DSM / Mitsu mechanic and good friend for 20 years... Poke around the 3000GT and DSM / EVO forums. Tons of people take their cars to him for engine rebuilds. My 96 SR is going over to the shop for full engine build.. Once that is done, we might do my 99 winter package with 3.8 Mivec motor

Southern California related:
Saw in another thread a mechanic recommendation: 5 Star on Yelp, Van Nuys, CA. I have not been there but the owner-mechanic is said to have been a Mitsubishi Master Tech. Just FYI, use at your own risk.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/c-and-a-au...=yelp_feed&utm_medium=feed_v2&utm_source=bing

twocommas

Observer
Chai has been my DSM / Mitsu mechanic and good friend for 20 years... Poke around the 3000GT and DSM / EVO forums. Tons of people take their cars to him for engine rebuilds. My 96 SR is going over to the shop for full engine build.. Once that is done, we might do my 99 winter package with 3.8 Mivec motor

Happy to see more people go to Chai, he's not a cheap/discount mechanic, but he does great work. He did the valve stems and some other stuff on my '98, my "regular" mechanic wouldn't believe me that he did the work without removing the heads :)

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...

I want in on the MIVEC swap, well I really want in on the manufacturing of a MIVEC stand alone wire harness for Monteros

kalieracer

Observer
Lets side bar on this. Since the Galant and Eclipse guys have done this. I just spoke with a JDM importer to see if we can get any 3.8 Mivec motors that are rwd configuration stateside. Chai is going to do all the mechanical. I am trying to work with some people to get the ecu thing worked out. Hoping to get a rom file of the Pajero evo and pin out on the harness / ecu model number to get started . We can do the swap and just use rpm switch to get the Mivec going on a stock ECU.

I want in on the MIVEC swap, well I really want in on the manufacturing of a MIVEC stand alone wire harness for Monteros

Monty86

Happy to see more people go to Chai, he's not a cheap/discount mechanic, but he does great work. He did the valve stems and some other stuff on my '98, my "regular" mechanic wouldn't believe me that he did the work without removing the heads :)

I need to take my 86 to this guy can you relay his info to me please

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles