Wanted: 67-72 Suburban

awjunkies

As the title states searching for a 67-72 suburban.

Would love a 67-68 4x4 w/AC and barn doors.

Willing to look at all years within that range however must be 4x4. Can be a running and driving model or a project ready for a swap.

Call or text at 619 200 zero six three seven

Thanks

Dumpolina

Adventurer
No affiliation, just passing along...
https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/6054964523.html

GMC Suburban 4x4 - $18000 (Albuquerque)

Its the three door Suburban you have been looking for. All mechanicals are new with less than 15k miles on them. This truck has taken me and 4 of my friends to Ft. Collins CO in 20 degree below zero weather without a hiccup. Here's the rundown: AC blows cold, PS, PB(hydroboost) 4wheel discs, Dana 44 front end with Truetrac locker, chromo axles and warn hubs. Dynatrac Dana 60 rear end with Detroit locker. Rebuilt NP205 transfer case. What's it got for power? 425+ horsepower 438+lbft of torque DYNO proven, from an electronic fuel injected 5.7L Chevy! That's what! Putting all that power to the drive shafts is a 700R4 built for 900hp that shifts like a dream and has dual coolers attached. Truck cruises at 2100rpm at 65mph. It all rolls on American Racing FORGED wheels and 35x12.5" Rubber. Inside, there is a full suite of gauges including an Autometer tach. 3 rows of Katzkin leather. The 3rd row is easily removable and the carpet comes out when you want to haul a wet dog or whatever. Stereo? How loud do you want it? 800watts of power to separates in the kick panels and two ways by the rear seats and 2 Huge 12inch Memphis subs and dual batteries when you want to crank it. Look, I have a F'ton of money in this Superburban and I need a truck. The body has got some rust. That's OK, because you won't get all sad after taking it off road and getting some scratches. This Suburban loves to run and you need to buy it. I might trade for a sweet chevy long box or 3+3 and some cash. If you aren't serious or if you are solicitor and you call me, I will release the hounds of hell. five zero five 480 ninty four nine3.

awjunkies

Thanks for the heads up. A little to pricey for my wallet. Been looking at no motor type projects. I ultimately want to do an LS swap so I'm being really picky. I'm willing to pay 5-7k for a running rig but it has to be in decent quality mechanically cause it'll be a driving project.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Not sure of your location but here in Arizona we have a guy who is THE DUDE for 67-72 Chevy anything....he post on the 67-72chevytrucks.com forum as tomK and is our go to guy for old or new stuff.
I run a 70 burb and my buddy Nick post here and on 67-72 as noibns (if you want to see some fun builds of rigs that actually get out and play)

Some things to keep in mind...
The frame is the same for 2wd and 4wd so you can swap in front axles, also the same frame I think for 1/2 & 3/4 ton
I did a TBI swap and 700r4 on my 350 (Nick did a 5.9 cummins) and if I had to do it again I would go LS engine & trans out of something. Just a bunch more power for the same work.
Barn doors are what I wanted at first also but the rear tailgate is soooo nice for a quick lunch stop, seat and workspace that I am glad I didn't get barn doors.
Get some canvas windor covers made with magnets sewn around the edges for night sleeping if you do a sleep inside setup (which my wife loves), not only does it make it nice an dark but there is a ton of glass to lose heat through in these rigs.
Spend the time and effort to install FatMat or Dynamat and some Home Depet Reflextic (alum bubble wrap) as it makes a really big difference (there is a ton of sheet metal in these rigs).
The butt on these hangs way out there so your departure angle ain't too great but these trucks are so much fun I can live with that :)
The later burb big gas tanks swap right in if you get the crossmember from a donor which will help with a fuel injection install anyway, just have a rad/gas tank shop change your filler neck location (cheap work).
Tons more stuff if you have questions and feel free to look at my past post and Nick's also.....I am about a year behind at least on my build thread :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online