RTT / Overland Expo West

chrisduesing

I am planning on attending Overland Expo West for the purpose of checking out some RTTs in person. I will be driving there from Chicago and camping in the back of my truck along the way. I was thinking it would be really cool to buy a tent there and then hit some national parks in Utah and Colorado on the way home. Of course that works best if I can actually take possession of the tent at Expo. Does anyone know if dealers bring stock, or do they just show up with a demo unit and take orders for delivery later?

captadv

Spectator
Maybe ping your #1 and #2 options and ask the dealers to bring one... ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mgyver1

Observer
I am planning on attending Overland Expo West for the purpose of checking out some RTTs in person. I will be driving there from Chicago and camping in the back of my truck along the way. I was thinking it would be really cool to buy a tent there and then hit some national parks in Utah and Colorado on the way home. Of course that works best if I can actually take possession of the tent at Expo. Does anyone know if dealers bring stock, or do they just show up with a demo unit and take orders for delivery later?

When I was looking at them 2 years ago I remember CVT had some stock on hand. Sierra Expeditions was doing a show special that year on their Howling Moon tents, and if Sierra didn't have anything right there, their store is in Mesa, AZ approximately 2-1/2 hrs away. I know that's not super close, but if you're spending money on something like a Howling Moon RTT then it wouldn't be a bad idea to go to their shop, plus mounting it would be more likely to turn out correct instead of rigging something out at the expo. Good luck with your purchase and trip.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy

Some bring stock, others bring demos - depends on how big a dealer they are and how far they have to travel. There will be tents that you can buy there, the challenge may be the mounting system bits and pieces.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94