80 series too old for expedition?

Dalko43

Explorer
Right...definitely not without a rebuild of course. you seem quite interested in the 80 series...here's a decent read for you http://www.brian894x4.com/ExpeditionLandCruiserFZJ80engine.html

According to Merrian-Webster "fanboy" Definition of fanboy
: a boy or man who is an extremely or overly enthusiastic fan of someone or something...yes I am extremely enthusiastic about my 80...best vehicle I've ever owned (and I've owned plenty) Tundra, Taco, Jeep, International Scout, 1964 Mustang, on and on...the 80 is tops.

Alternate definition of "Fanboy"- Guy who own a 4-Runner and secretly occupies most of his internet search time on Land Cruiser forums :victory:

The modern definition of a fanboy basically implies that someone is being myopic, or inherently biased in favor, of an item or object.

When you claim that the LC 80's Inline 6 is a "million mile" engine, I feel more than comfortable throwing out that label. No disrespect to the LC 80....I just think some of it's owners get a little full of themselves at times.

Upland80

Adventurer
The modern definition of a fanboy basically implies that someone is being myopic, or inherently biased in favor, of an item or object.

When you claim that the LC 80's Inline 6 is a "million mile" engine, I feel more than comfortable throwing out that label. No disrespect to the LC 80....I just think some of it's owners get a little full of themselves at times.

I like you Dalko..you seem like a cool dude. Whatcha doin here though? Isn't there a 4-runner or Rav 4 website somewhere? They probably have some good info about gas mileage and window decals and such. I see you on the Land Cruiser forum quite a bit (especially in the 80 threads). How do you define closet fanboy? http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Closet Fanboy

Don't be shy...the KoolAid tastes good...it's refreshing! You don't have to drink the whole glass, you can just have a sip. :rolleyes:

ulySSes

Observer
Hope you non-80 owners realize I'm just bored and messin around. I like to mix it up a bit...more fun than "hey look at the new tires I got"! Don't worry, I'll still winch you out on the trails :) As it pertains to the OP's original question...I think it has been sufficiently answered that the 80 is absolutely not too old for expo use. Truth is that on more challenging trails, the solid axle/factory locked 80 will shine in comparison to anything else Toyota...It's just a fact. Is it as powerful, comfortable, or come with modern tech?...nope! Just as reliable/if not more though considering the age, mileage, and abuse you see these trucks go through. Can't wait till summer! I'll leave you with a nice vid of the 80 utilizing some winching technique on a hundy with a busted CV.

That's a 105 series. Don't they have solid front axles? :rolleyes:

Dalko43

Explorer
I like you Dalko..you seem like a cool dude. Whatcha doin here though? Isn't there a 4-runner or Rav 4 website somewhere? They probably have some good info about gas mileage and window decals and such. I see you on the Land Cruiser forum quite a bit (especially in the 80 threads). How do you define closet fanboy? http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Closet Fanboy

Don't be shy...the KoolAid tastes good...it's refreshing! You don't have to drink the whole glass, you can just have a sip. :rolleyes:

I think you need to read that definition out loud to yourself a few times...

I'm a huge Toyota fan. I just don't make exaggerated claims about them.

Upland80

Adventurer
I think you need to read that definition out loud to yourself a few times...

I'm a huge Toyota fan. I just don't make exaggerated claims about them.

Here's one for your secret collection Dalko...the 80 is LEGEND! :victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz