Best Enduro moto trip anywhere in the world in June?

I would like to take my 18 year old son on a enduro trip this June for his graduation gift. We will have about 7-10 days. Looking for ideas of places around the world since we have never done this outside of the Rocky Mountain region. I'm thinking of either spending the full time on enduro motos or mix up the trip with a couple of true off road days on dirt bikes. A few places we have been looking at are South America and Europe. Would prefer to not be somewhere too hot or too cold in June.

Thanks to anyone that gives us some feedback.

Jud
Richmond, Utah

zolo

Explorer
I would like to take my 18 year old son on a enduro trip this June for his graduation gift. We will have about 7-10 days. Looking for ideas of places around the world since we have never done this outside of the Rocky Mountain region. I'm thinking of either spending the full time on enduro motos or mix up the trip with a couple of true off road days on dirt bikes. A few places we have been looking at are South America and Europe. Would prefer to not be somewhere too hot or too cold in June.

Thanks to anyone that gives us some feedback.

Jud
Richmond, Utah

Let us know if we can organize a trip for you in southern Chile. www.motopatagonia.com
I have some killer Enduro routes and an 11 day trip that would be super fun for a father and son.

As I look more into this seems like it might be near impossible to find a place that will let an 18 year old rent a motorcycle. Seems like some countries dont even allow anyone under 20 to legally ride a large motorcycle on the roads. If anyone knows of countries other than the US that do I would love to know.

Thanks,

Jud

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Court and Sylvain, the owners of Freedom Bike Rental in Ecuador run one of the best tour companies for this type of thing - bar none. This coming from a guy who managed premium tour companies in Europe and AK for a decade. www.freedombikerental.com

Ecuador is a killer destination. They use the American dollar and prices are crazy cheap. I don't think gas is even a buck a gallon. It's only an 8 hour flight from SLC. Beautiful mountains, beaches, and the most diverse wildlife in the world. And again, Court and Sylvain are two of the coolest, nicest, and most competent guys you'd ever hope to meet. What's really great is how easy their trips are. Land in Quito, taxi to their brand new headquarters, get geared up, and follow the GPS route to your hotels. Super easy. You can go from a cramped plane seat to a motorcycle seat in the same day.

My write up from my trip: https://expeditionportal.com/sky-riders-touring-the-high-mountains-of-ecuador/

https://expeditionportal.com/company-profile-ecuador-freedom-bike-rental/

I second www.motopatagonia.com!

I went down there last fall and rode with them. It was simply amazing!

They have several trip options. They have a longer 10 day trip that includes lot of Moto riding but also whitewater rafting and many over activities. May be nice to do a little bit of everything besides just ride.

PM me if you have any questions!

Last edited:

zolo

Explorer
I second www.motopatagonia.com!

I went down there last fall and rode with them. It was simply amazing!

They have several trip options. They have a longer 10 day trip that includes lot of Moto riding but also whitewater rafting and many over activities. May be nice to do a little bit of everything besides just ride.

PM me if you have any questions!

Thanks Joe, we appreciate that.

I agree with Christophe that local tour companies (like we are) can offer a lot more than the larger companies that fly into countries rent bikes knock out a few tours then leave with no real connection to the locals. They also fly under the radar and do not pay any local taxes or have any real business ties to the countries and communities they guide in. I have spent a long time traveling here in southern Chile and have made contacts and I am always looking for new and better routes.

Ecuador Freedom Bike Rental is obviously a great company and I personally think what they do its great. They also have the advantage of year around riding being on the equator.

There are so many options but the smaller companies can offer a lot more in many ways than the big guys.

Good luck with your search and I hope you and your son find some good riding for the dates you want.

Won't June be too cold for Chile? We are leaning towards Ecuador or Dolomites. What ever one we don't choose we will do the other one next year. They seem amazing. Thanks to all that have responded.

zolo

Explorer
Won't June be too cold for Chile? We are leaning towards Ecuador or Dolomites. What ever one we don't choose we will do the other one next year. They seem amazing. Thanks to all that have responded.

I hope you got my email response? Im wondering now if it got trapped in the spam box.
Have fun!

Thanks to those that responded. We found a company that will rent to my son in Milan. We are going to the Swiss Alps and the Italian Dolomites. I have already talked to some buddies about doing South America this winter with me.

zolo

Explorer
Thanks to those that responded. We found a company that will rent to my son in Milan. We are going to the Swiss Alps and the Italian Dolomites. I have already talked to some buddies about doing South America this winter with me.

Awesome! Hell of a graduation gift. Have a great time riding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles