High Lift Mounting Suggestion

sargeek

Adventurer
Greetings - I am looking to mount a high lift jack in the back of my 2016 GMC Sierra. I would like to install it on the passenger side of the bed over the wheel well, horizontal, parallel to the bed rail. Worried about bolts pulling though the metal sides.

workingonit71

Aspirantes ad Adventure
quick, cheap (from misc. scraps) mounting for Hi-Lift in bed of '04 Silverado

Greetings - I am looking to mount a high lift jack in the back of my 2016 GMC Sierra. I would like to install it on the passenger side of the bed over the wheel well, horizontal, parallel to the bed rail. Worried about bolts pulling though the metal sides.
  • I had the same idea, a few weeks ago, but I ended up using the truck crane post (crane bottom, with lifting arm removed- I leave it there, a reminder of my racing and car building days; you never know when you'll need a crane!), that I have left in my truck, as a securing point for the jack base, instead. I pushed the jack base back into the corner of the bed, between the post and the sidewall, and it fit like a glove. The jack leans against the wheel tub, and I bent a bracket from scrap to conform to the angle of the jack mast, bolted it into the side-pocket hole, and made a chain to fit thru the jack mast holes, where I lock it in place.
  • Hi-Lift jack mounted & locked.jpg
  • With the polyurethane handle-snubber on it, the jack doesn't rattle or vibrate (much). Cost = $ 0, since scraps and a spare lock were used. I did have to whittle down one of my bed compartmentalizing boards to let the jack fit there, though (the wood components you see in the photo are where I secure a cooler, and spare gas jugs, when travelling. There was a filler piece were the jack now rests, but the jack takes its' place perfectly).

Rezarf <><

Explorer
If mounted correctly, with appropriate hardware and backing you should have no worries of pulling through the metal. I would try to see if you can incorporate the surface mount brackets from Hi-Lift. FWIW, I would nab a 60" if it fits. That last foot makes a huge difference when you actually need it.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Simple 48" Hi-Lift mount in my GMC. This is a 48", but I did essentially the same thing in my Dodge with a 60" Extreme. Two brackets out of scrap angle iron and a few bolts and washers. Use stainless fasteners and apply anti-seize, simple flat washers on the back side to distribute the load. Horizontal mount leaves the floor clear, with space for the tool box.
Vivitar Dump 112909 043.jpgVivitar Dump 112909 045.jpgVivitar Dump 112909 046.jpgVivitar Dump 112909 047.jpgVivitar Dump 112909 048.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94