Tac pant for men of substantial dimensions?

thebrettman

I have a pair of TRU-SPEC Men's Lightweight 24-7 Pant that I can't wear anymore. I was a few pounds heavier when I bought them but I wore them down to around 340ish. Make me an offer...

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I'll check out tru spec and 5.11.

Anyone have experience with Duluth Trading Co.?
I'm a tall guy and find that Duluth is geared more to generously-proportioned than the athletically built. Their Fire Hose material is very very formidable and the pants wear incredibly well.
The sizing between products is less than consistent.

krax

Adventurer
I'm a tall guy and find that Duluth is geared more to generously-proportioned than the athletically built. Their Fire Hose material is very very formidable and the pants wear incredibly well.
The sizing between products is less than consistent.

They do offer slim fit pants that may fit you better. I haven't tried them, mostly because Kuhl's pants tend to fit me consistently better.

robert

Expedition Leader
Check LA Police Gear http://www.lapolicegear.com/pants.html. There are a lot of "larger" EMS personnel and I know many of them buy clothes from there and like them. Their own store brand "LA Police Gear" seems to be popular as they are pretty inexpensive but they carry a lot of different brands; it looks like they have pants up to size 60.

I like the 5.11s myself; as noted they wear well and have the elastic in the waist band making them more comfortable, especially if you sometimes carry things IWB. :ylsmoke:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
They do offer slim fit pants that may fit you better. I haven't tried them, mostly because Kuhl's pants tend to fit me consistently better.
Duluth makes tough pants and I own a couple pairs of the firehose pants because of that. But they don't know where to put the zipper for us athletic types. Annoying...

But their lightweight dry-on-the-fly pants are the bomb. My favorite pants.

krax

Adventurer
That's the other reason I don't wear mine (Firehose Flex) often. A little warm in the southeast.

bigskypylot

Explorer
The heavyweight firehose pants breath and wick ---- but not really in a good way. If it's hot out you'll overwhelm them.

Might make for a good brush pant in the fall? Sometimes there are no good ways of getting around paying for a good quality specific garment especially when it comes to hunting. I have a few but DTC seems to fill the gaps nicely

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles