"The Hoff" 4x4 144" Low Roof Sprinter Build

shouldbeasy

Observer
Unfortunately full bumpers for this platform are still a ways off for us. We are still just a two man operation and nice bumpers are one of the more in depth items to develop and mfg.

Well, if it helps, I'm holding out for your product! I think that with your combined background the products will stand up durability wise in offroad environments compared to the Aluminum competition. That being said, if they don't show up within the year I may have to think about building my own! Not really a road I want to go down...

Where do you plan on getting this rig tuned at? Who offers the service for this generation of engine / sprinter?

BajaVan

Observer
Well, if it helps, I'm holding out for your product! I think that with your combined background the products will stand up durability wise in offroad environments compared to the Aluminum competition. That being said, if they don't show up within the year I may have to think about building my own! Not really a road I want to go down...

Where do you plan on getting this rig tuned at? Who offers the service for this generation of engine / sprinter?

Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure we will have something to show within a year. We have a lot of other products in the works right now but front and rear bumpers are still on the list.

I was gonna give OE Tuning a call down in LA and see what they offer. They have this listed on their website and it sounds promising;

http://www.oetuning.com/products/mercedes-benz/sprinter/mercedes-benz-sprinter-350-bluetec

+74 hp and 128 tq would make me very happy when towing.

shouldbeasy

Observer
Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure we will have something to show within a year. We have a lot of other products in the works right now but front and rear bumpers are still on the list.

I was gonna give OE Tuning a call down in LA and see what they offer. They have this listed on their website and it sounds promising;

http://www.oetuning.com/products/mercedes-benz/sprinter/mercedes-benz-sprinter-350-bluetec

+74 hp and 128 tq would make me very happy when towing.

Very interesting! I had not heard of OE Tuning before but that does look promising. If you do end up going that route please post up the results!

Now I'll let you get back to work on making some quality kit!

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Here's something kinda cool and different too. My good friend from college made this really nice collapsible hammock mount for a hitch. After tinkering on it for years and refining the design, he is finally going to bring it to market.

That looks a lot like my bike carrier I bought off Etrailer, except it's missing the hooks and has the added feature of collapsing.

BajaVan

Observer
Couple updates. I spent last week burning the midnight oil and putting a full weekend in on the Hoff in preparation for Overland Expo West. Built a sliding door cubby / seat mount for my Transit seat and it finally found it's home. Feels good to tick that one off the list.

IMG_3522-2.jpg

Also went to town with insulating and wiring. Pulled the headliner down, sound deadened and insulated the roof. Cut the hole and installed my MaxxFan 5100k, and ran the bulk of the wiring for the interior accessories. I went with a very simple solar set-up as I am just planning on having two aux batteries to power an old Engel fridge I have and a handful of LEDs. Solar is hooked up and charging. Pretty excited.

Attachments

• IMG_3526-2.jpg
    IMG_3526-2.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 54

BajaVan

Observer
Since Photobucket crapped out and no longer shows any of the photos I previously uploaded, I wanted to get some photos back up.

First, images of the van back when it was bone stock before we developed the 4x4 Striker 2" lift kit and 35" tire package.

IMG_0518.JPGIMG_0519.JPG

BajaVan

Observer
Next, a couple images of some of the lift kit bracketry specific to the 4x4 lift kit. Our kit lifts the van a true 2" all while retaining the OEM suspension geometry and factory up / down travel.

With the suspension kit designed like this, we not only retain OEM suspension geometry and alignment angles, it also features a 2" bump stop spacing which allows fitment of a much bigger tire than stock. We are running a 315/75/16 tire on the stock steel wheel.

IMG_3483-2.jpgIMG_3484-2.jpg

BajaVan

Observer
In this photo you can see the rear suspension kit which features longer sway bar links, shock extension brackets, bump stop spacers and a pre-production mini-leaf pack.

Attachments

• IMG_3481-2.jpg
    IMG_3481-2.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 27

BajaVan

Observer
Here's a couple images of the van right when we first lifted it over a year and 15k miles ago.

The side ladder on my van is a pre-production unit. Our production ladders have changed a bit and are much cleaner and compatible with most pop-tops

Attachments

• IMG_3316 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3316 (Small).JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3295 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3295 (Small).JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3303 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3303 (Small).JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 35

Forum statistics

Threads