"The Hoff" 4x4 144" Low Roof Sprinter Build

BajaVan

Observer
Did you consider changing the gearing to compensate the larger tires ?

It's not really possible with the locked computers on the Mercedes. But I honestly never felt the need to. When it was on stock tires, it would wind out so bad on the fwy at 70-80 mph. With the 35s, it would cruise at 2200 RPM or so. It would return a consistent 15-17mpg even on the chunky mud terrains.

A real low range t-case with 2.7:1 was the one upgrade I would have liked. I would not have changed the axle gearing even if I could. Van is sold now and onto a new set of adventures with the new owner.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Tentatively picking up a 2017 130" low roof ecoboost next week.

Sweet! The 130wb low roof is very underappreciated IMO. I'm working on a '19 in the shop right now and I love it (found new on a lot in VA with 96 miles, Ecoboost, barn doors). With the 4x4 conversion and the lift I've got it at, the proportions are sooooo right sitting on 255/80-17s. I was skeptical at first about the barn doors but I definitely prefer them over the slider on the LR vans. BTW...the extended range tank fits easily in the 130wb.

billiebob

Tentatively picking up a 2017 130" low roof ecoboost next week. Little family hauler and something we can really beat on for new product testing. Got a lot of cool new goodies in the works for Transits.

I'll start a build thread for it when we get it.
I like the smaller vans to, short wheelbase and low roof are more my style than a mega capacity interior.... with all the extra bulk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles