F 450 4x4 Ambulance Build

Coachgeo

Explorer
how are you keeping the top when folded for no sleep position secure so that in an accident it will not want to come upward? Especially if there is a rider sitting on it belted in. with out being secure it will apply directional forces that may not bode well on the rider.

how are you keeping the top when folded for no sleep position secure so that in an accident it will not want to come upward? Especially if there is a rider sitting on it belted in. with out being secure it will apply directional forces that may not bode well on the rider.

In the top of the original picture, you can see the latches. In the unfolded picture you can see the back side of them. I moved the catch metal to the base board so it now latches when folded. To unfold, you have to pull both latches simultaneously and lift up.
Although with the under seat storage, I have more than enough room to fab up some sort of ejector seat...

Coachgeo

Explorer
In the top of the original picture, you can see the latches. In the unfolded picture you can see the back side of them. I moved the catch metal to the base board so it now latches when folded. To unfold, you have to pull both latches simultaneously and lift up.
Although with the under seat storage, I have more than enough room to fab up some sort of ejector seat...
Sounds like a great solution. Ejection seat good idea too. Make it Fart powered....... cause the gascious person need to be ejected anyway.

Time for an update. Cleared out the back wall, behind the bed area. Spackled all the many screw holes, and am now in the middle of painting a mural on it. Im debating whether I want to paint the entire cabin, or leave it the light greyish color it is now. Im leaning towards painting, because theres an absurd amount of screw holes everywhere, that I want to cover up. I dont know what color to go with. Have done some looking around and it seems not alot of people elect for paint on the interior. Im open to suggestions.

J3tlGxB.jpg

1tgetPd.jpg

YT4Pvr4.jpg

Ill post photos of the finished mural later on.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Are those supposed to be mountains or trees, or both?

I'm guessing this is sort of what you were going for, right?

Tree line.jpg

Either way it looks pretty cool, and I haven't seen anyone else with a mural behind their couch. thumbsup.gif

Theyre some pretty basic mountains. Im not the best painter, so I kept it pretty minimal.

Taking the Ambulance to go climbing this weekend, gotta blend in with the spray painted up Vanagons roaming around Tahoe.

patoz

Expedition Leader
I used to do some climbing back in the '80s. Mostly in the Northern Alabama and North Carolina areas. I still have my gear, but too old and out of shape now...

Hey, maybe that's what you need to do. Paint a little climber ascending the tallest peak, and put him near the top! Maybe even add a couple of people behind him down lower.

zuke

Adventurer
I used to do some climbing back in the '80s. Mostly in the Northern Alabama and North Carolina areas. I still have my gear, but too old and out of shape now...

Hey, maybe that's what you need to do. Paint a little climber ascending the tallest peak, and put him near the top! Maybe even add a couple of people behind him down lower.

Man, you just gave me a great idea there Pat, We could all put a bunch of these on the Outside of our Ambos;

7162pYmFWDL._SL1200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Metolius-Greatest-Chips-Screw-Holds/dp/B0043EGB84/ref=pd_sbs_468_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0043EGB84&pd_rd_r=HMFMYH35ZA1FEGWG4J0F&pd_rd_w=etYfR&pd_rd_wg=Xanaz&refRID=HMFMYH35ZA1FEGWG4J0F

Then we could all park in a row at an Expo, and boulder the whole way across the line of Ambos!

It would also give us easier access to stuff on our racks/roof.

I still have all my gear, but I'm sure none of it is trustworthy now, as I haven't climbed since the early 90's in Germany and France myself

There's an ambulance camper in Girdwood, Alaska that had a hangboard mounted directly above the back doors. If I can figure out how to cleanly remove my back light bar, I'm mounting mine up there as well.

Just so I can add to peoples confusion when they see an ambulance parked somewhere. This way there will be a random guy working out, hanging from the back of it.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Man, you just gave me a great idea there Pat, We could all put a bunch of these on the Outside of our Ambos;

https://www.amazon.com/Metolius-Gre...fR&pd_rd_wg=Xanaz&refRID=HMFMYH35ZA1FEGWG4J0F

Then we could all park in a row at an Expo, and boulder the whole way across the line of Ambos!

It would also give us easier access to stuff on our racks/roof.

I still have all my gear, but I'm sure none of it is trustworthy now, as I haven't climbed since the early 90's in Germany and France myself

Are you kidding John, 'cause I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to mounted this on mine... :confused: :D

s-l1600.jpg

zuke

Adventurer
Come on Pat, you're not ready for that.... While I'm sure both of us are past the days of muti-pitch climbs up sheer faces, I'm not afraid to boulder across a face at 4 feet off the ground

patoz

Expedition Leader
Come on Pat, you're not ready for that.... While I'm sure both of us are past the days of muti-pitch climbs up sheer faces, I'm not afraid to boulder across a face at 4 feet off the ground

Maybe not, but some days I feel like it. At 63 y/o, and 35 years in the Fire Service, my lower back is shot!

18485634_673694656159049_6708766801776370479_n.jpg

At times, just going to the mail box and back can be a challenge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94