Ram alternator fires

rotti

Adventurer
Fox News ?
Scraping the bottom of the Generate Public Hysteria barrel, Whos gonna believe that ??

Ah...well apparently Fiat did:
"In October, FCA agreed to a voluntary “defect” recall of 74,833 U.S. customer-based alternators in certain 2007-2013 model year Ram trucks and 2011-2014 Dodge Charger police vehicles. Also included in the recall were an additional 10,077 vehicles in Canada and 1,088 in Mexico."

And the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration:
Records on file with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration show FCA was already well aware of what its engineers characterized as "Rapid alternator failure due to diode thermal fatigue."

Suggest you actually look at the link before you spew.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Fox News ?
Scraping the bottom of the Generate Public Hysteria barrel, Whos gonna believe that ??

Tell us how you really feel.

------------
Of all the weird problems I have with GM and Ford lately, a silly alternator doesn't even tick my meter. Fixed in 30 min. Cost almost nothing. Whats most amazing to me, is how the itty bitty little fire that those tiny diodes can make is a danger to anything. Is there a wiring harness made out of cotton on top the alternator in dodges or something?

I pretty much pull the alternator and starter out of every new and used truck made these days and take it to my rebuilder. Can't trust the Chinese to make anything electrical.

Itty bitty fire ? How many millions of acres are burnt from an itty bitty fire that someone wasn't watching. In my book, any kind of fire in an engine compartment is never a good thing

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Gotta love an alternator thread that turns into a debate over the quality of fox news. That's not an endorsement for or against, just an observation lol.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I was behind a F-250 diesel equipped with the first of the DPF,EGR and cat engines. Flames were coming out of the exhaust during regen. Software update eliminated it.
Much more desirable than under the hood though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94