Tundra 1.5" Spacers Requires Longer Studs?

PHeller

Adventurer
Looks like they didn't bore out the hole deep enough? Are they using lug nuts with the 60 degree bevel on them? or some type of flat "mag" type nuts? How long are the stock studs? I have spacers on a vehicle which only has 1 inch of exposed threads and they completely fill the supplied lug nuts - although they are special "short" lug nuts which are only 0.650" tall including the beveled section.

Sorry about my comment previously, BTW - you do understand what is going on - just seemed like you didn't some how.

No worries. It's just a hard thing to explain because we're dealing with multiple sets of studs and nuts.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I've worked with Lenny at Motorsports Tech ( http://www.motorsport-tech.com/ ) and they make them in the USA (Reno, NV area) and have been great to work with. They make adapter / spacers for a lot of different companies as well - so better to just go to them directly. He gets busy at times so you might need to call a few times to get around voice mail - but he's always delivered to spec on time.

Lenny Stahl
(775) 351-1000
motorsportjr@gmail.com
http://www.motorsport-tech.com/

Last edited:

rruff

Explorer
Interesting. I wonder if it's just a case of some manufacturers of spacers messing up the milling of the spacer holes not being deep enough.

It's more likely cheap spacers and cheap alloy so they want/need to make it thicker.

PHeller

Adventurer
Well I tried some 1.5" spacers from Supreme Suspensions and this is the result I got:

17933779_1711219375842710_7721055054387478528_n(1).jpg

I'll likely return them and try another set from a company known to produce spacers that don't result in lacking thread engagement.

rruff

Explorer
I'll likely return them and try another set from a company known to produce spacers that don't result in lacking thread engagement.

I'd call the company first. Do the nuts have extended threads?

135-999980.jpg

bkg

Explorer
Go with a quality vendor. Got mine on amazon (1.25") that are hub centeicm and came specifically with extended nuts for the front and clear instructions that engagement is critical.

I thought your original.post was clear... And yes... It's definitely possible longer stiluds could be needed... Hence why to buy from a known vendor.

scheefdog

Observer
Well I tried some 1.5" spacers from Supreme Suspensions and this is the result I got:

View attachment 397857

I would order a set of Spidertrax Spacers because they will fit out of the box (unless something is funny with your Tundra). I have them on my 06 Tundra as pictured and have full engagement of the nuts. They are very popular with the Toyota crowd: http://www.spidertrax.com/Toyota-Hub-Centric-Spacer-Black?sc=2&category=9983

Wheelers Offroad or Toytec are also great online vendors that do a ton of Toyota stuff and can sell you spacers that will fit without stud or nut mods:
wheelersoffroad.com and http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Most hub centric spacers everyone is running are 1.25 spacers. I'm wondering if the 1.5 spacer is thicker where the studs are. I know my 1.25 Spidertrax worked with original studs with full engagement with supplied nuts on my 2004 tundra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PHeller

Adventurer
That's what I'm wondering as well.

If I went with longer studs, which would be a pain to install; could I use the stock lugs on stock wheels without the spacers?

I'm willing to spend a few more bucks to make this work, but my issues with Spidertrax or other more expensive spacers is that by the time I'm spending $250 on spacers I might as well just get new wheels, which is what I'm trying to avoid (mostly because most aftermarket very low-offset wheels are too wide for my tires.)

PHeller

Adventurer
It's my understanding that for whatever reason the studs on the back don't have the same problem. I haven't test fitted them back there yet so I'm not sure.

I wonder if brake rotors were different sizes? Here is a post from back in 2012 detailing a similar issue.

I'm still a bit leary of ET Nuts. I feel like your still shifting the weight of the load out to the end of the stud, and while you might achieve proper torque, you've still got the load on a spot of the studs where it was not intended.

I actually kinda like the idea of getting longer studs and open ended lug nuts for if I ever run the stock wheels without the spacers.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camshaft700