Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GXV Patagonia on the Kenworth K370 chassis

Default GXV Patagonia on the Kenworth K370 chassis

Global Expedition Vehicles is now building on the Kenworth K370 chassis, the Kenworth version of the DAF LF...

http://globalxvehicles.com/patagonia...garage-on-kw/#

Didn't think there was a 4x4 conversion for the K370 readily available. Did that change?

I wonder if there is 4x4. The website doesn't say that it is. Maybe they are building on 4x2 chassis now?

Update, guy on Facebook is building the second one of these and he mentioned this is the US version of the DAF truck and they do convert to AWD... not sure if he frequents Expo but I asked him some questions about the conversion and will report back.

Not sure if you are referring to me as the person on Facebook or not but we are getting the a Kenworth Patagonia built at GXV, I believe it is the 3rd Kenworth they will have built. The Kenworth is delivered to GXV and then converted to 4x4 before the installation of the cabin on the chassis.

Interesting indeed. A cab-over with some balls and a decent payload.

Are they also going to convert the engine to remove the emissions standards requiring ULSD and def so you can drive it outside the US? I'm sorry but what good is a massive expedition truck that you can only use in the US and northern Baja?

I believe there is an option for world travelers to order the truck without the emissions controls that require ULSD fuel. We only plan to travel in the US and Canada so we did not consider that option. Give GXV a call to get more info.

Quote Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
    I believe there is an option for world travelers to order the truck without the emissions controls that require ULSD fuel. We only plan to travel in the US and Canada so we did not consider that option. Give GXV a call to get more info.
    Not if they are registering the vehicle in the US. Somebody prove me wrong.

^
    Your correct.

Quote Originally Posted by jostalli View Post
    Are they also going to convert the engine to remove the emissions standards requiring ULSD and def so you can drive it outside the US? I'm sorry but what good is a massive expedition truck that you can only use in the US and northern Baja?
    It wouldn't be to GXV's best interest if they removed the emission hardware.

What's needed is a DPF that's serviceable.

On later diesel engines it's important that the engine oil meets low ash specification API CJ-4.
    Last edited by dlh62c; 04-03-2017 at 09:37 AM.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast