Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: GXV Patagonia on the Kenworth K370 chassis

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyca View Post
    Sounds like a lot of fun. These vehicles look like they would handle the severe cold much better than a standard RV.
    With the well insulated panel construction used by GXV they handle the cold without any trouble. We have a Webasto Dual Top for diesel heat and hot water with no issues in getting heat in cold temperatures. There is also the option for a Webasto hydronic system for heat and hot water. The hydronic system is located in the same outside compartment as the grey tank so it is kept warm from the heat given off by the hydronic heater. In ours, there is an electric heating pad under the grey tank to use when needed. All the rest of the water and plumbing is inside the heated cabin. The dual pane glass windows are pretty good in terms of insulation compared to the standard RV windows.

Default GXV in our future

Hi Greg,
    We have a Roadtrek Etrek 2017 and looks like we have sold it. We will be ordering a turtle on a dodge chassis as soon as the sell on the Roadtrek goes through. Any thing you suggest we get on a new build? If you remember we live in Santa Fe, if you ever get out our way you are welcome to stay a while. We have full RV hookups at our home.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by dfs9 View Post
    Hi Greg,
    We have a Roadtrek Etrek 2017 and looks like we have sold it. We will be ordering a turtle on a dodge chassis as soon as the sell on the Roadtrek goes through. Any thing you suggest we get on a new build? If you remember we live in Santa Fe, if you ever get out our way you are welcome to stay a while. We have full RV hookups at our home.
    David
    Hi David,

I never looked at the Turtle model so I don’t know what options are available. I will send you a private message with my email and we can communicate easier than here on the forum.

Thanks for the offer and we will let you know when we make it out your way...

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by dfs9 View Post
    Hi Greg,
    David
    The only complaint on my GXV is my Cummings diesel generator doesn't have a cold start and is useless if the temperature is much below freezing, especially at high altitudes

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415