GXV Patagonia on the Kenworth K370 chassis

Herk72

Greg - Was down at GXV Friday and got a look at your vehicle while finalizing my build specs (Kenworth #4 I believe). Looks like it's coming together well and really looks great.

Was helpful see one up close. Awesome rig for sure.

gregmchugh

Observer
Greg - Was down at GXV Friday and got a look at your vehicle while finalizing my build specs (Kenworth #4 I believe). Looks like it's coming together well and really looks great.

Was helpful see one up close. Awesome rig for sure.

Thanks, I will be in Nixa next week to make the final tweaks on the locations for table mounts, grab handles, etc. We are getting close. Still needs to go back to the paint shop for final buffing.

What configuration is your build?

Herk72

It's pretty similar to yours.

- Patagonia model
- 20' cabin but the bed is all the way against the rear wall. Same north-south orientation as yours.
- Two 100 gallon fuel tanks
- I maxed out the solar panels to 7 for 1.4kw. Probably overkill but plan to do a lot of off grid camping.
- Upgraded to the lithium batteries
- Onan generator
- Getting it painted.

Quite a few other things. Let me know what other info you want.

It should be complete in the October timeframe.

gregmchugh

Observer
Herk72,

Very nice...

The tradeoff between rear storage and interior storage is the design decision that drives a lot of the rest of the layout. We decided to keep the extra 2 ft in the rear and added the underbed storage cabinet with access from inside. I can appreciate the advantages of having that extra 2 ft inside the living area. Time will tell if we made the right choice but we are definetly going to fill up the interior storage and the rear storage with stuff that we want to have for full time travel.

Herk72

Yeah, I lost the battle on the 2' storage in the rear. I liked the idea of having a tall area to store larger items. Provides much more flexibility.

I noticed the storage compartments just below the bed. That's a good idea.

gregmchugh

Observer
I noticed the storage compartments just below the bed. That's a good idea.

Basically, traded 20" of rear storage for 20" deep cabinet with storage for 15 totes of several sizes. We found the totes and tailored the cabinet dimensions to the totes.

gregmchugh

Observer
Probably head away from hot weather but not sure where yet. If we had gotten delivery earlier we would have headed to Alaska but we want to be in FL in October so we might head to the Canadian Maritimes after we do a short shakedown trip. Mountains out west is another option. Planning to be at Overland Expo at the beginning of Oct.

Herk72

Nice. Great to have the flexibility it offers. We were originally hoping to have ours before the expo and planned to attend but I don't think we'll have it in time.

Keyne

Adventurer
Greg, any updates? Interested to hear how things are going and maybe see some final build pics? Hope everything is coming along nicely.

RRTWoffroad

Are either of the Patagonia/Kenworths you gentlemen have on order configured with an interior "garage" in the rear of the truck to house a side-by-side UTV?

gregmchugh

Observer
Of the first 4 Patagonias on the Kenworth chassis, only the original one had the big garage for the Polaris Rayzor. There may be others coming along configured that way. Ours (#3) is the same length as the original but the bed is lower so not enough room under the bed for an ATV. #1 and #2 (shorter cabin) are shown on the GXV website.

Herk72

Same here. Ours (#4) does not have the garage either. We do have a storage area that is about 50" x 30" and runs along the back. Glad to hear you've locked in the the pick up date Greg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles