Outlaw Xpeditions Oregon Trail Off-Road Experience

Outlaw Xpeditions

Adventurer
One Lane Road - Episode 28: The Last Straw

I think in every long expedition there comes a point where living over the top of your mates culminates in a symphony of frustration and Nebraska was the state that pushed us over the edge. We all had a deep friendship that was only deepening as the miles stacked up but inversely the tolerance for each other and especially for the character traits we found particularly annoying were wearing thin. The hot weather in combination with nothing but miles of corn and soy with no notable obstacles to speak of it left us with nothing but time and memories of the families we left behind. In the end we understood that the expedition was more important then the opinions we had individually and we'd push on toward the end of our expedition but not before we made a decision that would end the trip in a completely different situation than we had imagined.

unkamonkey

Explorer
Too bad that your trip sort of fell apart. Nebraska does have some good places to go but I admit that my last few trips across the state were driven at night. Kansas is not any better. At least you drove through my town on your way.

Outlaw Xpeditions

Adventurer
Too bad that your trip sort of fell apart. Nebraska does have some good places to go but I admit that my last few trips across the state were driven at night. Kansas is not any better. At least you drove through my town on your way.

Don't give up on us yet te best is yet to come😜

Outlaw Xpeditions

Adventurer
One Lane Road - Episode 29: The Beginning of the End

I can't believe the expedition was over a year ago. Although I relive it weekly as a riffle through the hundreds of hours of footage it honestly feels like we just got back except for that feeling of longing for the trail. We arrived in Kansas a little early and in the true Overland Spirit decided to use the extra days and explore an area of the country we wouldn't soon be back to. So we took a midnight drive south to Arkansas to explore the Ozark National forest. It was the highlight of our expedition and in many ways capped off the trip with an epic stroll through the Ozarks. It was just what we needed to bring the team back together and brush off the dust of Nebraskas farm land.

bigskypylot

Explorer
Gotta run up north on US-20 through the Sandhills from Valentine west to Chadron and beyond. Beautiful country up that way :)

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Gotta run up north on US-20 through the Sandhills from Valentine west to Chadron and beyond. Beautiful country up that way :)
I've been through that area a few times when I worked in the oilfields. It's definitely not the Nebraska of cornfields, it's gorgeous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles