Need recommendation for camp kitchen utensil set

whitenoise

Adventurer
You've probably already made a choice, but leaving this here for posterity. Its a kit I put together using pieces carefully chosen from the local Asian grocery/restaurant-supply store. A lot of the pieces I chose are made in Japan (some from S.Korea), I'm not saying this is always better but just look at that wood trim - it matches my Lexus interior exactly :sombrero:

Everything is wrapped inside a Dickie's small wrench roll (Link: http://a.co/h1FFEfQ)

Inside the roll, there is:
Wood & stainless turners
Stainless serving spoons - shallow and soup ladle
Peeler/Grater
Corkscrew/Can/Bottle Opener
KitchenAid forged santoku and fruit knives (only things not from the Asian store)
Tongs
2 large spoons (can be used for serving)
Olicamp Pot lifters
Room for expansion if needed

All of our personal eating utensils are not carried in this roll, its for "chef" use only... this segregation becomes necessary when you sometimes have wayward kids in the group..

View attachment 400257

View attachment 400256
Because of this thread revival I'd like to post my latest setup. I've splurged on a Camp Cover bag which serves as both chuck box and utensil roll, all in one organized ultralight (for a car camping) 18lbs kit for 4-6 people, even with mostly stainless contents.

The contents of the bag are quite mundane (I.e. heavy) items except for the Snow peak cutting board set and MSR windburner + whisperlite stoves. These stoves also get used for backpacking/bikepacking or moto adventures.
de6b62b256f944f08a59e0ad267ed428.jpg
bb289fb6b21cb48df4e6e2473685572b.jpg
92702e586581789356ab1fee02086bd7.jpg
3c0c645b1307f4c321cd637e5826da96.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

whitenoise

Adventurer
Love it! All ya need!

I’m heading out on my moto next week for 7 days exploring and camping in the lands between Colorado and Moab and this is my kitchen, spices, pot, fry pan, pans, bbq grill, cutting board, towels, cup, utensils, leftovers storage, etc.....and bar. Fits nicely in my rear bag. Lots of options. Cheers!

View attachment 588068
Nice example of how your kitchen bag can be used, checked it out on the website. Do you have an inventory list of everything that's in this pic? I need a moto specific version of my car kit I posted above. An organized kitchen is important because you use it 3 or more times a day.

Liam_FRO

I love my front runner kit. And the three pronged forks are a good conversation piece. Look up why Americans use a four pronged fork.

I'd have to agree, for obvious reasons haha! I use it as well, and I am very picky of the gear I use, Front Runner or not. The Kitchen Set from Front runner keeps stuff neat for people like me who need organization at all times!

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Nice example of how your kitchen bag can be used, checked it out on the website. Do you have an inventory list of everything that's in this pic? I need a moto specific version of my car kit I posted above. An organized kitchen is important because you use it 3 or more times a day.

Sure,

1 MSR isopro fuel 4oz
1 MSR isopro fuel 8oz
1 MSR stand
1 MSR titanium 3 cup pot with lid
1 MSR pocket rocket stove (first gen, 17 years old)
1 titanium long spoon
1 titanium knife, fork, spoon set
1 custom chopping knife and sheath
1 blue cup (from my boyscout days.....40 years ago)
1 shot glass SS
3 lighters
1 matches
8 condiment packets
1 special steak mix
1 1oz veggie oil
1 6 pack container of spices, salt, peppe, etc
8 different packets of teas (coffee is in my daily meal packs)
2 chopping boards
1 bushcraft SS grill
1 ziplock of papertowels
1 ziplock of trashbags
1 ziplock of small, med, large ziplocks
1 multiple pieces of folded aluminum foil
1 dish towel
1 nylon bowl/plate
1 small SS fry pan
1 container of matches
1 1 oz container of dish soap
1 pot scrubber

Bar -

1 500 ml Blackbox Merlot
1 500 ml Blackbox Cabernet
1 750 ml Bulliet rye whiskey

That everything in the Camp Kitchen in the photo. Cheers!
EA40BE24-2897-4C9A-B3D6-72B6545AEE2D.jpeg

Last edited:

86scotty

Cynic
Paul, that is staggeringly complete and downright amazing. High points for prep and organization. About as close as I can claim is that I made a folder on an early smartphone (when I still rode) that listed what I kept in each pocket of all of my panniers, tank bags, etc. This was clothes, tools and kitchen. I could never find anything otherwise without dismantling the entire bike.

MiamiC70

I’m using one of these I picked up for just over $50 on sale. So fat works great.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
....Here it is in use last week On the Rim Rocker from Colorado to Moab.A8669C8D-F847-4E21-9022-A22BA6741DB5.jpegFC857EB1-F503-474D-8F38-6711AA65EB47.jpegBCDA2C97-595B-4C26-A797-E6CF0A7B4869.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles