Need recommendation for camp kitchen utensil set

e60ral

2016 4Runner Trail w/KDSS
I am trying to find a nice roll-up camp kitchen utensil set.

I typically camp by myself or with my wife, I have an 8" SS fry pan, and SS 3L and 1.8L pots and need cooking utensils. The kit needs to include at least a small spatula/flipper and serving spoon or ladle. I also want to small tongs. I have a small knife but another knife would be nice.

I was looking at the Camp Kitchen Utensil Set from FrontRunner but honestly its more than I need. I already have forks and knives and don't need separate spoons for tea:
https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/win62310-ss-24-pce-cutlery-set-with-nylon-bag.html

Primus has an attractive looking set, but I need a silicone or stainless spatula which this lacks (also no tongs, but that is easy to fix at least): http://a.co/0uhmjQW

Can anyone recommend a kit? I saw a kitchen utensil canvas roll recommended here so I can build my own, but i was hoping to find something pre-made

Ragman

A couple choices

Have you looked at Duluth Pack or Frost River? I know Frost River has a roll with Epicurian utensils included. Not sure your price range but you should check them out-very traditional north woods kit. I use Duluth Pack as found on sale.

e60ral

Like to chime in with our usage. After using Snowpeak, GSI, MSR, and lots of other stuff in between. We ended up purchasing a Nice set of cutlery (fork, knife, spoon,, etc.) from Bed Bath and Beyond. A regular table setting. We also got A nice set of SS tongs, Silicone Spatula, Silicone spoon, measuring cups and spoons. Normal kitchen ware. All the other stuff was just frustrating. Flip out this, break that. Whatever.

We still use some of the other stuff for the actual backpacking trips. Cooking in the vehicle, we use nice utensils and kitchen tools. trust me, lots of time and money wasted on it. You want a nice roll for it? purchase the gear and whatever the longest item is, look for an appropriate roll that will fit it. Or sew your own.

Trust me, you will not be disappointed if you piece it together. The other stuff is either cheap or useless.
The front runner kit is all full size

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Stryder106

Explorer
I bought the Frontrunner kit and just used it for the first time on our 4 day trip through Death valley. It replaced our pieced together kit, so it is much more compact and the canvas roll keeps everything tight. I liked it a lot, but it lacks tongs. It's not heavy weight stuff, but then again, I'm not living off of it long term - I have the good heavy stuff in my kitchen drawer. I actually think this one is a fair price for what you get and the quality level. Again - it needs tongs if the Frontrunner folks are listening..............

Robert Bills

Explorer

Blue Ridge Overland Gear makes high quality bags and organizers. I highly recommend their products.

I currently use two Blue Ridge Overland Gear small Recovery Bags, one large Recovery Bag (used for spare parts, electrical repair kit and BFH/misc. large tools), two fluids bags (one for fluids and one for my Viair compressor), Tool bag, two custom 15" x 15" x 5" bags (for my portable toilet and propane campfire) and another large custom bag that fits in my roof rack and stores tents, bag chairs, shower enclosure, etc.

When I upgrade my camp kitchen I will likely purchase their kitchen organizer and partner stove bag.

e60ral

I'm not spending $65 for a utensil bag, that's insane. I don't need MOLLE straps on my kitchen bag, I'm not fighting ISIS with my kitchen tools.

Last edited:

outdoornate65

Adventurer
Blue Ridge Overland Gear makes high quality bags and organizers. I highly recommend their products.

I currently use two Blue Ridge Overland Gear small Recovery Bags, one large Recovery Bag (used for spare parts, electrical repair kit and BFH/misc. large tools), two fluids bags (one for fluids and one for my Viair compressor), Tool bag, two custom 15" x 15" x 5" bags (for my portable toilet and propane campfire) and another large custom bag that fits in my roof rack and stores tents, bag chairs, shower enclosure, etc.

When I upgrade my camp kitchen I will likely purchase their kitchen organizer and partner stove bag.

I also have the Partner Stove bag.....sweet cover for my very sweet stove.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles