First Gen Taco lift question

RangeDrive

Observer
I have a 2.7l Access Cab Tacoma with a ARB front bar and winch as well as a dual battery. I want to run a OME front suspension setup but I'm having trouble deciding on what springs to run. I currently have OME 881s with Dakar rear springs but the front sags way to much under the weight. Whichever setup I end up with, I'll be running Icon UCAs.I'd like to run 33s all around. What setups are you guys running?

arctic04trd

I have a V6 and I'm running 882s with an ARB and Warn w/synthetic line. Rides pretty smooth. It sat dead level, so I added the OME add-a-leaf to get some rake back.

There is also 883s, but I've heard they aren't as flexy. Check out Tacomaworld.com for more feedback. There are lots of guys running different setups.

tfry45

I have had good luck with the 882s. I'm currently running the 881s on my tacoma with the arb bull bar and am not impressed with them. I'll be switching to the 882s soon.

RangeDrive

Observer
Thanks for your input guys! I have been able to acquire some icon extended travel coilovers for a good deal so that is the route I'm going to take. Thanks again!

Clawhammer

Adventurer
I've got 880's (with a V6) but have both the trim packer and a small spacer. I have no complaints about this setup, so spacers might be an option if you change your mind about the Icons. The Icons do sound like a better way to go though.

Arctic Taco

Adventurer
I am running 883's up front as well, planning on a winch, hopefully that will bring the front end down a bit. 882 might be about right with a 2.7 and a bumper winch and dual batteries. Maybe get a rough weight and that might give you a better idea of which way to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles