1998 montero shocks selection Gas-a-shock vs Monomax

Jarhead74

Observer
Wanted to provide some feedback. I have a 97 LS. PO installed KYB Gas A Just. Don't like them. Very rough riding. I do all highway miles. They have maybe 15k on them. I just ordered Bilsteins HD's. I have the 5100's on my Tundra and while firm, they control very well and no jarring over rough roads. You can get all 4 from 4 Wheel Parts for 259 with free shipping. If you want, you can have my KYB's just cover shipping. I live in SC.

My Bilsteins will be in 5 days.

snare

Adventurer
Wanted to provide some feedback. I have a 97 LS. PO installed KYB Gas A Just. Don't like them. Very rough riding. I do all highway miles. They have maybe 15k on them. I just ordered Bilsteins HD's. I have the 5100's on my Tundra and while firm, they control very well and no jarring over rough roads. You can get all 4 from 4 Wheel Parts for 259 with free shipping. If you want, you can have my KYB's just cover shipping. I live in SC.

My Bilsteins will be in 5 days.
messaged you

howirolla

Campfire Passport
I'll chime in on my set up, 35s, monomax in the front, 10" travel 5100 in the rear, no sway bars, stock height currently as I am waiting on my springs to arrive.
The rear feels quite a bit softer than the front, but I feel like part of that is the stock springs. I haven't taken it out on anything more than some of the rougher and tougher forest roads in my area yet but so far it feels pretty satisfactory.

howirolla

Campfire Passport
It's a 2.5.

giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior