Gen III Fuel Filter

coffeegoat

Adventurer
Anyone sourced a fuel filter for their Gen III stateside? I was going through a few more maintenance items (temperature sensors for P0125) and realized I had replaced just about every other filter on the truck but the fuel filter.

As near as I can tell, it's buried in the fuel tank, which can be accessed via the back seat as described here and here (page 16). It's easy to find the strainer but it's proving difficult to get the filter without the entire assembly (~$400!). I've located Ryco version in Austrailia, but nothing stateside yet other than full assemblies. Anyone else found one for a reasonable price somewhere in the US?

coffeegoat

Adventurer
Interesting, for whatever reason that comes up for the 3.8L, 2003 onward, but not for the Gen III 3.5, I wonder if it's supposed to be the same part, I'll have to cross reference...

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
I found part number MR526974 on the receipt from R.C. Hill Mitsubishi for the filter.

Cheers

oktirefryer

I just ordered P/N: MR526974 from oemmitsubishiparts.com. When I called the local dealership and gave them that part number they said they could order it, but it was cheaper online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz