Help importing routes, waypoints, coordinates onto Gaia

e60ral

2016 4Runner Trail w/KDSS
What is a "csv"?

comma-separated values, paste your list into excel then move the columns in the correct order for whatever converter you are using then "save-as" name your file and for file type choose .csv

If you just post the .docx file here as an attachment I can probably give you a .gpx file for it

Offroadmuch

Explorer
Your file was already in .gpx format, i bet it just opened in word because you double clicked it and your computer asked you how you wanted to open. In notepad or a text editor you will see all the xml and gpx information in list form. In the future just save as .gpx.
Here is your route:
https://www.gaiagps.com/public/IczRtTBqWQ6ck7VlIbwofIR6

Alright, I opened that link and I got the Gaiagps.com and it shows the map and route. How do I download it onto my Gaia Ap so I can use it offline? I think I am almost there....
ok wait.... I saved the download as a GPX with the menu options and then it gave me the option to open it with my App so I think I got it.

thanks,
Doug

Last edited:

e60ral

2016 4Runner Trail w/KDSS
Alright, I opened that link and I got the Gaiagps.com and it shows the map and route. How do I download it onto my Gaia Ap so I can use it offline? I think I am almost there....
ok wait.... I saved the download as a GPX with the menu options and then it gave me the option to open it with my App so I think I got it.

thanks,
Doug

no need to download then reupload, its already on Gaia

1. click the link
2. in the upper right corner click "Log In"
3. Log in to gaiagps.com
4. Once logged in click where it says "+ Add to My" to save the route to your account

Your Gaia app on your phone/tablet should sync automatically, but some times it takes a bit. If it hasn't sync'd do the following:
5. Open Gaia
6. Click the 3 lines in the top left
7. click settings
8. Click "Last Sync" to cause it to sync
9. Click the 3 lines in the top left
10. Click "Routes" and you should see your next route saved

Gaia though requiers a data plan for the background map. I am not familiar with the Mojave road but I assume it won't have data, so you need to do the following:
11. Click the route
12. Click "Download Map ALong Route"
13. Choose your resolution (it will show you the estimated data size for each at the bottom, I use High)
14. Choose your map background
15. Choose save

Now your map will be saved. When you are navigating your route, you will be using the map based on your data plan. To pull up your saved maps when you lose data just click the 3 lines, click your saved map, then click show on map

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles