my first yoga videos

Coachgeo

Explorer
sunflower Sam..... have you done any Acro Yoga and/or Aerial Arts? Starting instructor courses in Aerial Arts on Thurs. Looking forward to it.

SEREvince

Adventurer
So I dipped in here mainly out of curiosity. I really need to do something to work on my balance and flexibility and have considered Yoga. As an middle aged fat guy, who's never done yoga and can't touch his toes I've been too intimidated just to walk into a class.

I've never watched a yoga video so take this for what it's worth. Your video was good. Nice setting, lighting, you were well centered in the shot. Sound was good, and then it looked it it cut out. If you're not going to speak, some low background music might make it more interesting to watch.

I don't know who the target audience is, but I would have liked to hear a bit more about why you chose those poses? Do they link together, work different parts of the body, etc? Alternatives if you're not quite there, common issues or mistakes.

Cheers

Vince

SunFlower

Adventurer
SEREvince;2277511} said:
If you're not going to speak, some low background music might make it more interesting to watch.

Vince

Thanks for the comment. I didn't realize that I had forgotten to add the music. The video should have music now.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I too would appreciate a class for middle aged stiff people who can't reach the floor

Lol

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
I like the way - https://www.doyogawithme.com/ - is set up. David is the one I use most. They break the session down to what the goal is, I think that really helps on line viewers choose which session to work along with.
There are too many "cute girl" doing yoga videos, it is tough to find one where the instructor is knowledgeable, and they work macro to micro stretches, hold poses the right amount of time etc.

My preference, I do not like a lot of discussion during a session, name the pose, remind me when to breath out or in when extending a stretch, etc.

I think a series of 20 minute sessions that your description tells the viewer the goal would be useful.

Phrasonix

Indeed, it is a good video and it is very well filmed. Really, it is very important to make the correct presentation and a beautiful picture so that it would be interesting and pleasant for the users to watch and listen to you. I also found some interesting videos about yoga on the internet and I found a source that is based on this topic. You can click here and see it. To tell the truth, it is a perfect place where you can find all the useful information about yoga.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles