More FG power

fg4oz

Adventurer
Speaking with some guys at the 4x4 show on the weekend, they tell me they can give more power via dyno tuning. So I take the truck over and then they tell me no it's no possible. It already has a dp chip. Has anyone done any power enhancing? Also definitely keen on the 3 inch exhaust upgrade. Do you get much more out of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Stupid responses aside.... you could contact Amesz00, as I believe that he did a turbo upgrade on his FG649. He is also looking at doing a turbo upgrade on his current truck, a FG84.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I would think that thermal management is going to be a big concern with any power upgrade.

unkamonkey

Explorer
JATO bottles. They would toast that little piece of road lice car that always wants to tailgate me on the highway.
Mine is so old that about all I can do is to advance the injector timing a bit and add a touch more fuel pressure. I did toy with the idea of propane injection.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Just remember that anytime you upgrade power, you have to consider the effect on other systems.

So my recommendation is still quad turbo, propane/water/alcohol injection, and finally chucking the whole thing and installing a Cummins and completely reworked driveline.

Fun comments aside (hi Ski!), how about looking at gearing instead?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz