FS: 2016 FWC Fleet Flatbed Build; ExpeditionPortal featured build

Kifo4

Before Expo West, Anne and I have decided to offer our rig for sale on the forum. I worked meticulously with the guys over at AT Overland in building this rig. They can certainly testify that I was extremely detail-oriented during the build. Every decision, part, and design aspect was carefully thought out and analyzed. Decisions were made based on functionality, quality, purpose, and aesthetics.

Please feel free to contact me with questions. Those who have completely spec'd a rig will appreciate the time, effort, and cost of sorting a rig this carefully; the rig is priced correctly, and I have no doubt it will move at the expo. I am, however, willing to move it before. It's hard for me to part with the rig, but I'm entering a different stage of my life and would like to see the rig go to someone who can use it to its full potential.

PRICE DROP $79,000 . The build cost $99,500.
*Located in Los Angeles, CA*

Please see the following article by Chris Cordes on ExpeditionPortal for more information and photographs of the truck. https://expeditionportal.com/road-life-adventures-flatbed-tacoma/

The basics
2016 FWC Fleet Flatbed model
2015 Tacoma TRD offroad 4x4 v6, manual 6-speed, 28,xxx miles
2016 Alumline custom design flatbed
gallery_6131_1037_1437047.jpg

2016 Four Wheel Camper Fleet Flatbed
This is the camper that is the first image on the fleet flatbed page on the FWC site. Fully optioned:
130 L fridge
Furnace
Flush-mount appliances
Self-contained (inside shower, hot water, cassette toilet)
8' side awning
Yakima complete rack
Flood lights (had moved to side, now FWC specs them this way)
Two 6v sealed AGM batteries (225 aH storage)
Accordion scissor entry steps
160w solar

**ADDITIONS BEYOND FACTORY:
2x 100-W Carmanah flexible solar panels (total 360w)
Custom welded aluminum rear rack, maxtrax, fuel/water containers
Plastic welded greywater tank, T-valve, self-contained greywater approx. 8 gallons

2015 Tacoma Tacoma TRD Offroad v6 4x4: Selected over 2016 for low-end torque. Manual selected for better power band control.

Premium package on truck
6 speed manual transmission
Mickey Thompson Classic wheels, 5
BFG 285 AT's, 5
OME 2" heavy duty suspension kit, additional 4 leaf springs custom spec'd for load
Air Lift ride control kit
ARB Deluxe bar front bumper
SEAL Gen 2 9.5s WINCH, synthetic line
Custom welded steel rear bumper
Backup camera

Custom Alumline Aluminum Truck Flat Bed
Headache rack
1" extruded aluminum floor, integral I beam 4"
Underbody toolboxes, custom tapered to 'build' wheel-wells
Sharkhide protectant/sealer/finish
Custom stop/tail/turn lights, LED

It is my hope that I can forge a relationship with the buyer, and keep in touch about their adventures. This build took 6 months, and an immeasurable amount of time and thought. It has brought us to some amazing areas, never let us down, and is in absolutely impeccable shape.

gallery_6131_1037_691084.jpg

gallery_6131_1037_2174086.jpg

Last edited:

Kifo4

Responded to PM's, apologies for the delay. Quite a few questions and interest, rig is currently still available-no deposits put down yet.

Gas mileage averages around 12, can get up to 13-14. Very solid actually considering the base truck and the weight. The power is good-I can comfortably cruise at 70mph on the highway. If there is a steep grade with a designated truck climbing lane, I will obviously back off and focus on fuel economy, but even then there is plenty of power.

Again-serious inquiries-feel free to PM with any questions! Thanks.

Kifo4

A good amount of PM interest both here and on WTW, thought I'd let everyone know that I'll be at Overland Expo West on Thursday afternoon and can show the vehicle anytime that weekend. I have 3 viewings set up so far, please PM me if you are a serious buyer and would like a complete tour of the vehicle.

nosedive

Observer
Nice rig!
Just out of curiosity, what's the dry weight of that thing and when fully loaded?

Cheers, Neil

Kifo4

I've responded to all inquiries about showings at Expo West. The rig is located in Malibu, CA, just outside of LA; updated in the original post.

Nice rig!
Just out of curiosity, what's the dry weight of that thing and when fully loaded?

Cheers, Neil

Not sure exactly-never took it to the scales. If I can on the way to the Expo, I certainly will and will post here, thanks for the question Neil!

Kifo4

Quite a few showings set up for Expo West; please let me know if you'd like to set up a showing!

I've told interested parties in the last week-if someone wants to take a run before the expo I'm a bit more open to entertain offers a bit below my asking price. Please PM me with any serious inquiries.

Thanks,
Kipp

Kifo4

SOLD at 1pm on Saturday at the FWC booth at the Expo.

Sold at asking price, with 2 or 3 parties interested to see if the sale fell through. Nearly 100 flyers were taken. I was a bit surprised the combo didn't get more attention on the forums. Definitely some interest/requests for showings, but a part of me thought it would sell in a day or two. I think the package price deters potential buyers. However, at the show everyone goes and talks to AT Overland and Mainline and once they add up the components and are over $100k, this was seen as a pretty incredible/rare deal.

Going to leave the post up here for reference, as I have often trolled old sale threads to get a ballpark for what rigs sell for. If you're in the market for a FWC flatbed rig know this-building one will cost you WAY more than you anticipate. A fully optioned slide in Fleet, a new Tacoma, a spring pack, and bumper will run you over $70k-I think so few recognize this until they actually follow the road to completion!

I can't say enough good things about the flatbed model. If anyone is building one and wants help or reference, I really focused on the details of my rig and am more than happy to help. Please shoot me a PM.

**Also can't say enough good things about Mario/AT Overland and Matt/Mainline Overland. Phenomenal people to work with-smart, honest, straightforward-if I ever build another rig I wouldn't go anywhere else. Also want to give a plug for FWC-they welcomed me to the family and were always responsive/helpful with any questions I had.**

-Kipp

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier