CampWithChin 2010 Sequoia build

molanginaeda

Observer
I have been lurking on the forum for a while. I haven't seen too many 2nd gen Toyota Sequoia build. But, here is mine.

I got my 2nd Gen Toyota Sequoia about a year now. The SUV is very solid, comfort, roomy & capable engine. Due to my requirement, I opt for a 8 seater SUV instead of 5 seater Toyota Tundra Crewcab. After a short research, I found a local dealer have a 2010 Toyota sequoia limited with high mileage. The car fax history was too good to let it pass, so I purchased it. The car live in New England area for the whole time and only have 1 owner. I'm the 2nd owner.

Since owning, I have started to build it for overlanding/expedition use. I have future plan to drive up to Alaska. Last year, I'm able go out for a mild expedition with the family up north to PEI, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. You can read about my Newfoundland trip on my blog.

https://www.campwithchin.com/2016/06/2016-summer-camping-trip.html

Since Nov 2016, I have been acquiring parts for my build. My ride currently has a Front Runner Slimline II roof rack. Here is some pics.

30B87EB2-2A0D-4359-9306-817B8C268B66_zpsicwgirj4.jpg

8DC28D63-581C-4E17-9884-385E1211ED89_zpsyhcjl1ve.jpg

Here is some more planning in a short future.

1. Lift/leveling the SUV using Bilstien shocks/struts with Dobinsons Coil Spring.
2. Roof Top Tent
3. Expedition trailer - I have a pop-up camper for now.
4. AT tires - BFG KO2

If interested, you may find installation write up or build on my blog.

http://www.sequoiatravels.com

Since owning the SUV, I have found limited aftermarket parts available for this vehicle. I see more parts available for LC200 Land Cruiser or LC125/LC150 GX 460/470. Due to limited support from aftermarket manufacturer, my build option is pretty limited. I'm hoping to see more build here.

Last edited:
Looking good there Alfred. You have definitely done a lot to that rig since I saw it in person.

Very nice setup. Love the wheels and tire combo.

More pics of it out in the wild.

Mad Matt

Adventurer
@molanginaeda

Awesome build, very similar to what im planning for my wife's sequia. Going through your truck build, I see you have purchased the Dobinsons springs, but I haven't seen a post with them installed. Did i miss something?

molanginaeda

Observer
@molanginaeda

Awesome build, very similar to what im planning for my wife's sequia. Going through your truck build, I see you have purchased the Dobinsons springs, but I haven't seen a post with them installed. Did i miss something?

Dobinsons springs still due to install, probably very soon. I was putting off the task as the OEM strut and spring are still performing well. Like the old timer said "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I'm having a winch bumper installed at the moment. With the extra weight, I think I need the springs and struts swap out very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke