Flip-Pac Parts Suppliers List? Windows, Torsion Bars, etc.

newmexflippacker

FRP owner Homero...

Recently I was informed that the previous owner Homero had passed away. Haven't confirmed that for sure...anyone else have any info?

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
My dream would be a re-design of the entire FlipPac concept. Better tent structure, hardware, updated torsion bar.... and STRAIGHT fiberglass and modern windopws.... honestly the quality of the fiberglass finish is like a "backyard mechanic" job. Absolutely awesome design/concept but not that great of execution (well maybe is was great 20 years ago - but not by today's standards).

I am at the point of considering making my own complete new design based on this concept (patent expired several years ago).

I will be listening with keen interest about the new "owners"... I'd rather buy than re-design my own....

that would be awsome!! east coast they are impossible to find which is why I had to build mine

WOODY2

Adventurer
I'm confused, if some part stripped out one would think the top would just continue to the fully open or closed position. Sounds like the handle slipped out of your hand and free wheeled around and whooped you. Don't ask me how I am familiar with this action. :eek:

DVexile

Adventurer
Yikes! Hope you make a quick recovery.

I'm extremely careful when opening mine and treat it almost like the prop on an airplane making sure no part of my body is in the path. What I worry about though is if it lets go while I'm holding it that I won't be able to let go and it will pull me in and still whack me. This is one of the reasons I'm considering switching to a Sway-a-way bar even though my current FRP bar is fine. The Sway-a-way sounds to be far more durable and reliable than the FRP one.

abiker

I was told not to bolt through the top square part of the camper. It has a square bar in it, but the fiberglass is not tight on it so the threat of crushing is there.
I bolted mine below it and used as large as backing plates to distribute load as I could.

Hey Jay, any photos or tips on how to do this? I saw Arclight had done it a different way, probably using the tubes. Is any of that stuff visible after tearing out the carpet?

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
Well the trail was a little too overgrown yesterday and broke one of my support rods off, luckily I found the rod but the plastic end broke holding it to the top of the FP, anyone have a source on where to get one?

WOODY2

Adventurer
try West Marine or any boating supply house. I tape the leading edge down when in overgrown conditions with Gorilla tape.

DVexile

Adventurer
Well the trail was a little too overgrown yesterday and broke one of my support rods off, luckily I found the rod but the plastic end broke holding it to the top of the FP, anyone have a source on where to get one?

They are all "bimini" awning parts for boat awnings. Amazon has a bunch of options. Boat supply houses that should be plentiful in your neck of the woods would also have. So does Bass Pro if you are driving past one.

Looking forward there are some nice "quick release" low profile attachments you can put on the Flip Pac and then store the rods inside. That's my plan, I've got the parts in the cab just waiting to be installed one of these days. You might want to go that route if you are already messing around with things.

Those 35s put you a little higher than usual, eh? :)

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
They are all "bimini" awning parts for boat awnings. Amazon has a bunch of options. Boat supply houses that should be plentiful in your neck of the woods would also have. So does Bass Pro if you are driving past one.

Looking forward there are some nice "quick release" low profile attachments you can put on the Flip Pac and then store the rods inside. That's my plan, I've got the parts in the cab just waiting to be installed one of these days. You might want to go that route if you are already messing around with things.

Those 35s put you a little higher than usual, eh? :)

Thanks man yea I bought the parts on amazon and have the SS quick disconnects in my cart on another site just haven't ordered. I went down this trail that wasn't maintained at all and just scratched the crap out of the flippac and broke the support rod so now I'm gonna detail it but not sure how to get pin striping out of fiberglass so I'll be googling a lot today haha.

tacoluv

Observer
Thanks man yea I bought the parts on amazon and have the SS quick disconnects in my cart on another site just haven't ordered. I went down this trail that wasn't maintained at all and just scratched the crap out of the flippac and broke the support rod so now I'm gonna detail it but not sure how to get pin striping out of fiberglass so I'll be googling a lot today haha.

That's why the Flippac is so great for bushwhacking and forest trails. Don't see $100K rigs having fun in the woods. I have replaced two torsion bars, the rear window, and finally got a rain fly that actually works. Even tho the Habitat from AT is twice the cost of my Flippac they still are thinking about bug protection for north woods adventurers.

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
That's why the Flippac is so great for bushwhacking and forest trails. Don't see $100K rigs having fun in the woods. I have replaced two torsion bars, the rear window, and finally got a rain fly that actually works. Even tho the Habitat from AT is twice the cost of my Flippac they still are thinking about bug protection for north woods adventurers.

Yea I saw that I can't believe they're not gonna offer a bug net, I made one for $10 in my flippac but if I spent $9k and it didn't come with one and they weren't even thinking of making one I'd be mad. Anyone with a camper like this knows how much it sucks to go to bed and have hundreds of flys and mosquitos sitting at the top.....

bug net by Jim Bob Barnett, on Flickr

jay18

Broken Rear Window hinge

The hinge on my rear window just busted. Most of the rivets have come out. Can anyone recommend where I can get this fixed? Can any camper-shell repair place fix this?

tbock7117

The hinge on my rear window just busted. Most of the rivets have come out. Can anyone recommend where I can get this fixed? Can any camper-shell repair place fix this?

Jay18, Have you had any luck on this? I need to replace the whole frame myself. I'm assuming FlipPac didn't have a customer window frame made, so I'm hopping that someone will be able to identify a model number or manufacturer.

I came across these guys, but can't get them measurements until my shell gets back from the paint shop.
https://www.custompickup.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=2772

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles